Chapter 47

Bree’s POV

The next day I have the place to myself. Emily’s working and so are her parents, and her brothers are in school. I feel bad for them because school is a pain in the butt.

I enjoy being by myself, but this house is too big for me. I’m still enjoying it though since it’s only for today. I can listen to music with the volume all the way up. I can sing at the top of my lungs even though I’m a horrible singer. I can dance and nobody will say anything because I’m by myself. It’s great, really.

As I step outside the bathroom singing to We Are Who We Are by Little Mix, I hear my phone ringing. I quickly put the volume down and hurry to answer the phone without even looking at the caller I.D.

“Hello?”

“Hi,” the voice says, and like that I huge smile appears on my face.

“Hi, Niall,” I reply. “How are you?”

“Bree, we need to talk,” He answers.

“About what?” I ask, confused.

“Don’t give me that shit, you know exactly what we need to talk about,” He snaps, and at this my eyes widen. What’s his problem?

“Excuse me? What the hell are you talking about?” I snap back. Who does he think he is to talk to me like that?

“I saw the pictures, okay? I know you were at the beach yesterday with that guy,” He briefly explains.

“What guy?” I ask, strting to get frustrated. “First of all, I went with all of my friends,” I say.

“Well, that was not what the picture showed,” He replies.

“Ok, what pictures are you talking about? I didn’t upload anything to the internet and neither did Em—”

“Jesus, why do you have to be so distracted all the fucking time?!” He exclaims. “You were fucking followed! There are pictures of you all over the internet, saying that you were with this guy at the beach. They’re even saying that you’re cheating on me because you looked so friendly and flirty with him,” He explains more clearly this time.

“What?” I ask, not wanting to believe a single thing of what he was saying. How could people think that? And why do they even follow me? I’m not famous. Yeah, but you’re dating one of the members of the biggest boy bands on the planet, my subconscious reminds me. I immediately go on to twitter and see that my mentions are blowing up. Most of them are hate comments, reminding me that i’m not good enough for Niall, but I’m grateful for people that really understand and that say that media is exaggerating everything, which they are.

“Niall, I didn’t went alone with him,” I say after I read one of the many articles. “I went with Emily and a bunch of other people,” I explain. “I just happened to be caught when I was alone with him while the oth—”

“Bree, just save it,” He interrupts me, and I know he’s getting mad.

“But Nia—”

“I know who he is, okay?” He interrupts once again. “I know his name is Matt, I know you had a crush on him, and I’ve met the guy that day I met you at the mall. I thought you were gonna stay away from him!” He exclaims.

“And I did!” I reply. “All this time, I did!” I say. “Until yesterday,” I add quietly.

“So what? Now that you’re finally friends with him again are you gonna leave me and date him instead? I bet you still have a crush on him after all this time,” He says, and I swear he is getting me mad. Why does he has to be so stubborn? And what the hell is up with his insecurity. We’ve talked about this a million times. I love him and I would never leave him.