Chapter 31

Niall’s POV

I got out of the bathroom and into the telly room just to find everyone asleep. Everyone except for Liam. I guess either the movie was really boring, or they were really tired. I’m gonna go with the second option though.

“You’re not tired?” I ask, as I grab a duvet and sit besides Bree. I cover her fragile, little body and then gab her head so I can put it in my lap. Hopefully she’s more comfortable this way.

“Just a little,” he yawns, making me chuckle. “Or a lot,” He says as he gets comfortable in another couch, covering his body with a duvet. Just when I think he’s about to fall asleep, I let out a sigh and rest my head in the back part of the couch, so I’m looking at the roof of the bus. “Everything okay, mate?” Liam asks, startling me.

“Yeah,” I reply. “Just thinking,” I admit.

“About what?”

“Me and Bree.”

“Is everything okay between the two of you?” He asks, getting worried all of a sudden.

I nod. “Yeah,” I pause. “It’s just, I don’t know, forget it,” I say.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, everything’s perfect,” I say. “Goodnight, Liam” and after he replies I’m back to thinking. I don’t know what was happening to me. It’s not that I was having doubts about Bree’s and I relationship. I’m sure it was not that. The thing is that I really wanted to make our relationship public. I want everyone to know how lucky I am that I finally had found my princess, the girl I’ve been waiting for, for so long. When she said she wanted to wait, I, honestly, was a bit annoyed. I didn’t tell her anything though because I want to respect her decision. We are a couple after all, and that’s what couples do.

I was annoyed because, why must she care about what others think of her? She’s beautiful, kind, intelligent, and just… perfect. Of course, she doesn’t know it. She only believes in the comments that haters give her, which is not good at all. We all get hate, that’s something we can’t stop, but why must she care so much about it?

I let out a sigh and look down at her. At least in my eyes, she’s perfect just the way she is. I like everything about her, and I would never change a thing about her. Sure, I was annoyed, but I couldn’t tell her that, and I wouldn’t show it either. Maybe we won’t have to wait that long. Maybe she’ll soon realize that what other people think of her doesn’t matter. That’s all I’m hoping for.

I keep looking at her, and start caressing her dirty blonde, long hair. Suddenly a smile forms in my lips. I’m sure she’ll think about it and we’ll be public soon. Man, I’m so happy that she’s part of my life now. Being with her just makes my life better, and I hope it stays that way for a long time. I seriously can’t believe how happy she makes me. It’s unbelievable the effect she has on me. I’m falling for her. This time I’m sure about it. I don’t know if it’s a good thing, or a bad thing, but it feels so right.

I know I met her almost a month ago and we’ve been dating for almost a week, but I just can’t help it. No one has ever made me feel the way she does, but I really love it. I feel like a new Niall. I feel like a more cheerful and happy Niall, which is weird because I’m always happy. I wonder if people can notice.

Before I know it, I fall asleep with a smile on my face again. This has been happening a lot lately, but it’s okay because I know the reason of it. I just hope that, that reason stays for a long time in my life and that maybe that reason feels the exact same way about me. Honestly, there’s nothing better I could ask for.