👑 Chapter 53 - Stay

*Jake*

We were all excited. I was probably way more excited to be honest.

I now get the chance I couldn't have with Jack and Jessie, especially Jessie.

To watch my daughter grow up. To raise her and be at her side. Same will go for Jessica and Jackson.

Right now we were in the recording studio getting ready to record for Gemini for the first time.

Our song is called "Stay." I helped Jack write it since it was mostly his lyrics, something he came up with for Nellie.

We got a few friends to help with instrumentals and  background, CC helping with drums and Jinxx helping with violins.

Jack mostly sings it, but I do sing a little background.

I got all the controls set while Jessie tuned her guitar, Jackson, Nellie, Inna, Bret, Jinxx, Ashley and Alice watching as she got ready.

"Alright, I'm gonna play the back audio, Jess, you know what to do," I said into the mic.

She nodded as she adjusted the guitar, headphones already on before 

(Mayday Parade "Stay")
(Note: Just for the story, Gemini wrote this song, but all rights in real life are reserved to Mayday Parade)

We smiled as she played the music, soon finishing.

She smiled as we cheered her on after I cut the recording.

"And that's a wrap!!" I announced and we all cheered.

"When do we expect the song to be released?" Bret asked.

"Once I finish putting everything together, maybe in 2 weeks at the most, give or take," I said.

"Ooohhhh!!" Inna suddenly yelped as she lurched over, holding the chair and making us jump.

"Whoa, Babe, are you okay?" I asked.

"I-I don't know, I... I think its Braxton Hicks, but..." she said as Jessica walked out.

"O-Oh my god, Mrs. Pitts!" Nellie suddenly gasped as she looked down and we looked and froze.

There, at Inna's feet, was a puddle of water.

"Oh my god, I think your water broke!" Alice gasped as Inna looked at the water.

"N-No, I-I can't be," she said in worry. "I still have more than 2 weeks!!"

"We need to get you to the hospital, now!" I said as Jessica and I held Inna's hands and helped her to the car.

"I'll drive," Jinxx said and I quickly grabbed and tossed Jinxx my car keys.

"Bret, you and Nellie can ride in my car," Ashley said as we all rushed out of the house.

***

*Jackson*

We arrived to the hospital and Inna was taken in immediately with my dad so that she and the baby can be monitored.

"Jessie, relax, I'm sure everything is fine," Bret was assuring my sister.

"Bret, I don't know," Jessie said worriedly. "The baby, she... She's early, there could be risks, a-and... Oh god, what if something unexpected happens?!"

"Jess, its 2 weeks, its a least likely chance," Nellie said. "My cousin's baby was born 3 weeks early and she's a healthy, happy 8 year old today."

I hear Jessica take a deep breath.

"Nellie's right, Jessica," I said. "We just gotta stay positive. Inna's a tough gal, despite her soft spots. She and our baby sister are going to  be okay."

Jessie took a deep breath as I did my best to sense what side of me she sat at, and lifted my right hand up to her.

She took a deep breath and clung to my hand tightly, and I squeezed back to calm her down.

It wasn't long before I heard someone step up.

"I just got an update," Jinxx said.

"Well, how are they?" I asked.

"T-The... The baby got tangled in the umbilical cord in the womb," Jinxx said in a grave tone.

"Oh my god," Nellie whimpered in shock as I held her close.

"They just wheeled her in for an emergency C-Section," He said.

"Jesus," Andy's voice said as I felt everyone getting scared. "D-Didn't she want a natural birth?"

"They were left with no choice," Alice said in a shakey voice. "It was either this or risk injury to both her or the baby."

"I-Is she gonna be okay?" Jessica said nervously.

"From what the doctors can collect, the cord's not around the baby's neck, which is a good thing," Jinxx said. "They just don't want to take any chances, and Inna was in a lot of pain."

I took a deep breath as I nervously held Nellie's hand.

"All we can do is hope everything goes well," Jinxx said.

We all sat down, feeling nervous and scared, hoping that the operation goes well.

~~~~~

The beginning is a little bit sloppy since I was trying to pick a song for them to sing, which gave me massive writer's block, and was planning eitherway for this Mayday Parade song in the future, so I stuck it in. Nonetheless, sorry its a bit disorganized.

Next chapter coming very soon! 🌻

🎧Currently in Sapph's playlist:

Avril Lavigne "Alice"

♡~ sapphire.