👑 Chapter 22 - Decisions

*Jessica*

"Alright, from the top," Dad said as we sat in his studio.

I nodded as I started to play the song Wretched & Divine.

(Video: Black Veil Brides perform "Wretched & Divine" live on EMGtv)

I finished the song and looked up.

"Perfect. Not even one slip this time, you're amazing," he smiled.

I smiled. "Thanks," I chuckled.

"Now, let's call it a day and get some food," he said.

I nodded as I carefully set the guitar down.

The rest of the time we were here, Dad and the band gave us music lessons, particularly guitar, piano, and a bit of vocals.

Jack definitely wins with voice though. I never even took him to have an amazing voice.

He also seems to have mastered the keys thanks to Jinxx. It was a bit challenging at first, so Jinxx got the idea to place small dots of resins on a keyboard in the form of Braille letters, and immediately Jack got the hang of it quickly.

Right now he's practicing without the Braille as if to memorize, and it seems to be working out well.

We entered the kitchen to see Jinxx and Jack already sitting as Alice and Inna cooked some stuff.

"Hey," Inna greeted. "How did it go?"

"Jessica is doing amazing," Dad smiled as we sat with the others.

*Jake*

Jessie and Jack are really awesome kids.

During their stay, they've been amazing to spend time with, and their natural born music talents are pretty impressive.

Of course I wouldn't say they're both prodigies, but the fact that they both manage to play fluently with little to no experience is pretty impressive.

Especially Jackson, who can sing. That even surprised Jessica.

The fact that my kids grew up to be strong, talented, and kind individuals made me feel proud.

It also broke my heart at the same time, because Emma never had the chance to watch them grow up.

I also thought giving the kids, as well as myself, some closure would do us some good, and decided to ask Lisa and Margret to help me look for Emma's grave.

The kids don't know what we're doing yet, since we want to be sure. Not to mention that I know they're deciding that to do next, if they stay with me and Inna in California, or the Goldmans in Seattle.

I wouldn't mind, really, since they're already 18, so its their choice. Hopefully I do get to still see them, though.

"By the way, John wanted to see us in two hours," Jinxx said.

"Got it," I nodded. "Once we finish eating, we can start heading out."

"What does Mr. Feldman want?" Jessica asked curiously as she spun the prongs of her fork in her spaghetti.

"Band meeting. Probably future tour dates or an event to promote our upcoming album," Jinxx shrugged. "Hell, maybe we might even do Warped Tour."

"I actually hope so," I said. "Maybe if its okay, Jake and Jess can tag along too."