👑 Chapter 49 - Gemini

》A Week Later《

*Jessica*

"Wait, so, a duet band?" I asked.

"Like Aelonia?" Jackson asked.

"John, you know what goes on with side projects," Dad warned. "Aelonia gets a lot of heavy criticism, Andy Black is under fire..."

"This will be different, though," John said. "This is kind of like alegacy thing, and something exciting, that will leave people wanting to know more."

We sat quietly as we listened.

"A set of twins, the son and daughter of an international rockstar, stepchildren of a Ukrainian singer," John explained. "The daughter who can play a song by ear first try, second try if its a hard one, and the son who can play keys backwards even if he can't see then... Its a unique, inspirational idea."

We thought about it.

"Well, I guess the inspirational part is right," I said.

"Honestly, how can I not be someone's muse?" Jack sighed sassily, making me chuckle and roll my eyes as Dad laughed quietly too.

"You can inspire fans with similar and/or equal disabilities," John said. "They can look up to you guys, give them hope."

I thought about it, looking at Dad, who seemed to also be wondering about it, then at Jack, who was thinking.

He seemed to be thinking the same thing and gave me a single nod.

"Thank John, but... We're gonna have to decline," I said.

His eyes widen. "What?"

"Jessie?" Dad asked.

"We appreciate everything you've done with and for us, really..... But.... Given the fact of your strange desperation of pushing Juliet into her fame through Andy, through Black Veil Brides, makes me question your capability to manage a duo like me and Jackson," I said.

His eyes widen. "E-Excuse me?"

"She spoke perfect English, in case you didn't understand," Jack said.

"Jackson," Dad scolded.

"Look, John..." I said. "You are a hell of a manager, and have stuck by the band's side for years... But even Jack himself has noted how you seem to treat Andy above everyone else."

"Fact," he sassed, pointing in my direction.

"And on top of you giving Andy more spotlight than the others, you're also giving Juliet more fame through him and the whole band for some reason, and she's not even under your management. Those 4 other guys, though, have worked on and went through hell just for their own for their projects, Ashley especially. He's probably struggled more than my dad and Inna has with Aelonia. For Christ's sake, his whole fashion line got demoted to Depop!" I said sternly.

He pursed his lips.

"And yet... Where is Juliet's struggle? Her only labor is selling overpriced BVB merch and useless junk. Where's Andy's? He's doing something, but because of you, he's barely lifting a finger for it," I said. "We rather work our way to the top, just like every other musician who isn't getting the same luxury that Andy Black is getting. If anything, our father and stepmother can help manage and produce us, but that's about it. The rest will be up to me and my brother."

"Jessica, I understand how it looks, but-"

"But nothing. It looks exactly how it looks. Your contract is with Black Veil Brides, meaning all five of them, not just one of them," I said. "Especially that one band member's girlfriend. I won't let you do the same with me and my brother. We either get the same spotlight exposure, or you just find another set of twins like us to pull strings with."