👑 Chapter 16 - Positive

*Jessica*

Some days passed and tour for the band ended. A couple more days after that, the results came in, but we decided to wait until Jake arrived to open them.

That day was today.

Jake and Inna were going to staying at Martha's house, and the guest room had been cleared for them.

While I sat at the dining table with John, while Zoey, Martha and Jack went to pick everyone up at the airport.

The envelope laid at the table, unopened. Seeing it in my hands yesterday when I got the mail made my heart drop.

In that envelope laid in a folded piece of paper the truth, if the man who found out me and my brother exosted, who knew our biological mother, is without a doubt our biological father.

"So, have you decided what you want to do?" John asked as I picked at my oatmeal.

I sighed. "I don't know.... Say these tests are positive... I mean...."

"Nobody is forcing you to have to leave, you know," John shrugged.

I looked up at him.

"You and Jack are 18 already. You're not obligated to stay with us," he said.

I sighed. "But you and Martha have been there for me and Jack for so long, done so much to assure our well being, including Jack's, hell you even paid for his medical bills after what happened to him... How could we just leave you both for someone we just met after all you've done for us?"

He smiled. "Jessie.... You're acting as if you two may be loosing Margret, Zoey and me forever," he said. "We'll still be there for you two if you ever need us. As I said, you and Jackson are family."

I sighed, but then smiled as he spoke.

"I have an idea," he said, consolingly putting his hand over mine. "When Jake comes here and we see the results, if positive, how about you and Jack spend some time with him before deciding what to do."

"You mean.... Stay in California for a while?" I asked.

"If you two want to," he shrugged as he reached fo his mug and sipped his coffee. "Like I said, its just an idea."

I thought about it.

I mean.... Doesn't sound like a terrible idea.... We can get to know Jake a bit more, and also see a place we've never been to before, maybe even learn more our biological family.

Do we have any grandparents? What are they or were like? Aunts and uncles? Cousins maybe?

The door opening pulled me from my thoughts and I turn to see Jake walked in with Margret, followed by Inna, Jack, and Zoey.

Jack had his hand on Inna's arm as she guided him.

"Hi," I said to Jake as I approached him.

"Hey," he nodded.

We stood there awkwardly before instinctively pulling each other into a hug.

"Whatever happens next... We'll figure something out," he said.

I took a deep breath and nodded before we pulled back and John handed the envelope to Margret.

"Alright.... Everyone ready?" She asked.

Jack held my hand and I gripped it back as we nodded.

Margret took a deep breath and opened the envelope, pulling soke paper from inside and unfolding it.