👑 Chapter 29 - Realization

Warning: mention of graphic content ahead.

~~~~~

*Jinxx*

I woke up earlier than most despite us coming to the hotel late last night.

Today was finally our second day off and we were in Dallas, so thankfully there wasn't much to do.

We were already almost a month into Warped Tour and things have been going pretty great. Jessica and Jackson have been having a blast and made a bunch of new friends.

Jessica has especially also become good friends with Bret during the tour.

Alice and I shared a room with Jake, Inna and the kids since we all split up into different rooms.

I decided to just let everyone sleep in for a bit and just get some coffee done.

As I walked out I noticed something at the door and went to pick it up and saw it was a thick white envelope with word 'KILLERS' written on it.

"What?" I asked, confused as I opened the envelope and saw plastic.

I moved it aside to peer inside, seeing red liquid.

"What the..... FUCK!!" I screamed out in horror as I dropped the envelope.

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach and rushed to the kitchen sink and heaved out my stomach contents.

"JAKE!!" I coughed out as Alice had run in and to my side.

"Jeremy, what happened?! Jeremy!!" She asked as she quickly moved me to a seat.

***

*Jessica*

Jinxx was laying down in the room with Alice and a hotel nurse taking care of him.

I watched police put the envelope in an evidence back.

"First dead animals at my doorstep, now this?!" My dad shouted as Inna tried to calm him down, CC at my side with his arm around me trying to comfort me as Ashley tried to do the same with Jack.

"Mister Pitts, we're aware of these attacks and are going to do our best to see into this who is sending you these disturbing threats."

"Its not even me being threatenend!!" Dad argued. "Someone followed us from Los Angeles just to drop a bag of aborted fetuses with my kids's faces taped over them on our hotel doorstep!! They are obviously being targeted!!"

I gulped and tried to breathe as I felt tears prick my eyes.

I didn't want to look into the envelope, especially after the reaction Jinxx had.

"Hey... Maybe we should get Jack and Jessie out of here for a moment," Andy said.

"My kids stay in my sight," Dad snapped.

"Jake, come on, man... Jess is gonna break down if she keeps staying here, and Jack is nervous as it is," Ashley begged. "Yanni and Jesse can come with me and Andy."

Dad looked over at me and Jack before he sighed and walked over, pulling us both into a hug.

"What the hell is even going on right now?" Jackson mumbled nervously.

I heard Dad sniffle and my eyes widen. "I don't know," he said, keeping his voice steady. "But I promise, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you two."

I sighed and felt a tear fall as I hugged him.

"I'm scared of not keeping you two close right now, but the guys are right," he said, taking a deep breath. "Being here right now isn't good for you guys. Go hang with the guys for a bit, eat at the buffet or whatever, and stay with them."