👑 Chapter 43 - Wounds Heal

*Jessica*

Two weeks have passed and I was starting to get back on my feet again. I was finally eating solid foods and not in excruciating pain. I get soreness once in a while, but that's normal.

Bret had to go back to the East Coast for a few days and is coming back today.

We already settled on a court date, which is next week.

Fans continue sending me their well wishes and gifts, a few even sending me home remedy tips to help in my recovery, which have actually proven beneficial to me.

I looked in the mirror, my shirt lifted up as I stared at the bandage, before slowly peeling it off, and stared at the stitched up wound, now somewhat healed, stained a bit from the medicine I have to put on it. I have to get the stitches removed soon.

I slowly reached over to it, and touch it with the tips of my fingers, but hissed at the stinging sensation that immediately bought back the memories that came with it.

"Who's scared now, little girl?"

I groaned as I had to sit down on the bed, holding my temple.

"Fucking hell," i sighed as I felt the sting disappear and my body relax.

"Stop it," a voice spoke and I turned to see Jack stood at my door, arms crossed and his face stern behind his glasses.

"What..." I frowned.

"I know you're poking it, because I feel it," He snapped. "And it hurts. I was eating french toast... You know how I am when my snacks are interrupted."

I sighed. "I can't stop hearing her words....Who's scared now, little girl," I said. "That's what she said when she stabbed me."

He pursed his lips before slowly walking in, feeling around up bit on the bed before touching my shoulder and plopping down next to me.

"That's some scary movie crap, Jess...." he said. "But she isn't gonna be a problem anymore... She and her equally deranged husband are gonna pay for what they did to you, our mom, and everyone else."

I sighed as I looked down.

"They hurt and even killed people just to try and kill us, to... To force their own version of God into others, even to people who are views like them but not as bad...." I said. "How... How could someone just be so damned evil?"

He frowned. "I asked the same thing about Russell after finding out what he was doing shortly before Sandra died... To you... Hailey... Mindy... Ana Maria.... I ended up asking the same questions after he blinded me..."

"He's dead, though. Inmates at the prison killed him after they found out everything he did to us," I said as he held my hand. "Those wounds already somewhat healed physically and sort of mentally..."

"And now maybe inmates will kill them if they find out what they did to others, to us," he said. "For Christ's sake, they bashed a glass bottle on a 15 year old rape victim's face because she got an abortion, then started to beat her and her mom senseless. Even the pro-lifers protesting nearby had to help stop them because it was going way too far, even for them."

I nodded. "I'm just relieved its all over."

He nodded. "Me too... If they killed you, I don't even know how I would have survived that blow."

I smiled as I pulled my twin brother into a hug, and he hugged me back.

Suddenly his phone rung and he pulled it out. "Who is it?"

"Nellie, its an audio file," I said.

"Can you play it?" he asked.

I clicked play and heard a series of taps in a rhythmic pattern, realizing it was Morse.