👑 Chapter 12 - Burns

***WARNING: Graphic and triggering scenes ahead. Please read with caution.***

*Jessica*

I sat with Grace, Jake and Inna in the clinic room while everyone else waited in the waiting room.

The doctors looked me over and thankfully we didn't have to call Margret since me and Jack were legally adults.

"Well, Miss Haner doesn't have any concussions or injuries from the fall," the doctor said after examining me. "But I will prescribe some pain killers just in case, and advise you all check on her when she sleeps. If she experiences any pains, or something goes wrong, just come see me immediately."

"Thank you," Jake said as I got down from the clinic bed thingy and got my jacket and bag, and we soon left after getting the prescription.

"Well?" Jinxx asked as we walked out to the others.

"Jessica is gonna be just fine," Jake assured, and everyone smiled and some sighed with relief.

"Thanks again. You really didn't have to come with me, though," I said.

"Just wanted to make sure you were alright," Jake said as he patted my back.

"Well, thank you," I said as I nodded at him and Inna.

"Let's get going home, then," Jack said with a sigh. "Its been a long day."

"If you want, you guys can join us in the tour bus, we can have a crew member drive your car for you," CC shrugged.

"Really?" Dylan asked excitedly.

"Sure," Andy smiled. "Come on. Jesse can drive with us. Just give us the address and we'll take you."

I gave them the address and then we followed the band to the bus.

***

The bus had a lot of room, and a lot of stuff to keep everyone from getting bored on the road.

Jack seemed to enjoy the snacks with CC though, and Dylan was helping.

"So, it was your first concert ever?" Andy asked as we sat around in the living room talking and getting to know one another..

"Pretty much. Our foster father gave us the tickets since he got them as a prize at work," I shrugged.

"Oh, cool," Jake said.

"Yeah, they mostly give baseball tickets or whatever, but I guess they decided to give away some concert tickets this time," I shrugged.

"Hey, Jessica, Jackson," Juliet said. "Is it okay if I ask something?"

During the whole time we were here, Juliet seemed like she wasn't too interested in us being here. We didn't really mind her, though.

"Umm, sure, what is it?" I asked a bit hesitantly.

"Jackson's sight," she said, making everyone suddenly go still. "What happened that lead to him going blind?"

"Juliet!" Alice scolded.

"No no no, it... Its alright, umm..." I said, looking over a Jackson, who suddenly went quiet, Dylan putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You can tell them.... Its okay," he shrugged.

I took a deep breath and started.

"Well...." I sighed. "It all began at this foster home we were taken into when we were twelve years old. Margret was our social worker at the time but was on maternity leave, so we were trusted to a temporary one. He was alright and did a good job but..... The agency failed to do some background checks on a family who wanted to take us in, and he thought it was completed, but turns out the paperwork had gotten mixed up."

The Guitarist's Ballad (Daughter & Son of Jake Pitts)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें