👑 Chapter 19 - Warnings

*Jessica*

I yawned as I woke up the next morning to Jack shaking me.

"Jessie, wake up," He whispered.

I groaned and slowly sat up as I felt Jackson holding on to my arm.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's someone else in the house," he said.

"Wait, what?" I asked, confused.

"I don't know. I hear another lady's voice, but it doesn't sound like Inna or Alice or any other lady we know."

I frowned as I got up and took Jackson's hand, making our way downstairs.

"I don't know how to introduce myself," another woman's voice said.

"It'll be fine. They're good kids," our dad's voice said.

"What if they're mad at me for not looking enough?" she asked him again.

"There was nothing you could so, sweetheart," Inna said the the girl as I slowly approached.

"But, I.... I do need to warn you," our dad said.

"What?" she asked as I curiously went to see who they were talking to.

There stood Inna, our dad and a petite woman with medium length brown hair.

"Jack, he..... There was an incident when he and Jessica were kids in one of their foster homes," he added. "Jack wasn't able to recover much..."

"Recover? What... What do you mean?" She asked as then Inna noticed us and everyone turned around, along with the woman and I was shocked when I saw her.

She... She looks like her...

"Guys, hey, umm... This is Lisa," Dad said. "She was your mother's little sister."

I gulped and smiled shyly at her. "Umm.... Hello...."

"H-Hello," she said nervously as she approached us. "You... You must be Jessica a-and Jackson."

I nodded as she then looked at Jackson, then furrowed her brows.

"Why are your eyes covered?" she asked curiously, refering to Jack's sunglasses.

I looked nervously at her before looking at Jack then back at her as Jack sighed and reached to his face, taking off his sunglasses, revealing the scars.

Lisa gasped in horror as she covered her mouth. "O-Oh my god..."

"One of our homes abused us... Jack tried to save me from an attack and helped me escape to get help, but...." I murmured then sighed sadly.

Lisa had tears falling down her eyes as she collapsed onto a chair and sobbed out.

Jack quickly put his sunglasses back on and shyed away as me and my dad went up to her and Inna went to help Jack sit down.

"I should have kept looking for them, oh god!!" Lisa cried out. "This is all my fault!!"

"Lisa, none of this is your fault," Jake said. "What happened to Jack happened because someone liked beating kids up rather than taking care of them."

Lisa continued to cry as I then reached up and held her hands.

"Its okay... We made it out with our lives," I said. "You don't have to blame yourself for this."

She snuffled and wiped at her tears as I pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry," she cried out.

"Its okay...." I comforted as she hugged me back. "Its okay..."