👑 Chapter 15 - Conversations

*Jake*

The next morning Inna, CC, Tiffany and I went to the clinic to get the paternity tests done, Jessica and Jackson already there with Margret and who I believe was her daughter.

"Hey," I greeted as we walked up to them.

"HI!" The little girl greeted us as Margret held her hand.

"Well hello there," CC greeted as we smiled at her.

"Everyone, this is my daughter, Zoey. She was already in bed when you all arrived last night," Margret smiled.

"Well then its very nice to meet you, Zoey," Inna smiled as I looked over at Jessica.

"You guys ready?" I asked.

She nodded. "As ready as we'll ever be."

"I'm ready for something to eat!" Jack whined. "Why do we have to wait until AFTER these tests to eat breakfast?"

We couldn't help but laugh.

"Honey, its protocol. I promise, we can all eat out once we're done here," Margret assured him.

"Excuse Jack, he gets a bit crabby when he misses breakfast," Jessica laughed.

"I don't get "crabby" thank you very much," Jack sassed. "I just hate skipping a meal. It irks me."

I chuckled as we then walked in.

***

*Jessica*

"Open please?" the nurse told me as she held the cotton swab up.

I opened my mouth and she swabbed the sides of my cheek.

After blood work, they also wanted a sample of our saliva in case.

"Ah!" We heard a surprised yelp and turned to see Jack with a stern look in his face and a cotton swab in his nose.

Jake and I held back a laugh at how funny he looked.

"I told him not to move," The nurse scolded.

"I got nervous!" Jack argued. "Now, can you please take it out, its tickling my brain!"

We laughed as Jake reached over and pulled out the cotton swab as Jack sniffled out to get rid of the weird feeling, rubbing his nose.

"Jack, stay still," I said.

He sighed and opened his mouth, this time keeping still as the nurse took another cotton swab and rubbed it along the inside of his cheeks before putting it in a little vial.

"Done," she sighed with relief.

"Good. Now can we eat?" Jack asked.

"Soon," I assured him.

"How long do we have to wait for the results?" Jake asked.

"Should take about a week," the nurse nodded. "You'll have a letter sent by mail."

"Thank you," I said as we all exited the room to meet with the others, CC and Zoey eating from the nearby candy dish as Martha talked with Inna and Tiffany.

"Done?" Margret asked as she noticed us walk out.

"Yep. Results should take a week," Jake said. "Tour will be done by then, but if its alright, I'll be flying back here so that we can figure out what to do once we have the results."

"Yes, absolutely. You're welcomed to stay at our house if you want," Margret said.

"No, you've done a lot already, ma'am. I don't want to be a burden to you," Jake said.