6. You Held Me Down and Screamed You Wanted Me to Die

Katie Vereeka's Point of View

I snuck out of the house the next day. Luckily the majority of the Chicago Coven was stull hunting. Rip was doing laundry and the machines were too loud to be able to hear my tiptoeing steps. He didn’t even notice when I closed the door.

Once outside, I started running towards a meadow I saw in a vision last night. Someone was coming to visit me today. Hopefully they will be on time.

It took only two minutes for me to find the meadow. I stood in between the trees and waited. Only five more minutes and then my visitor would arrive. Did she know I was here already? Who knows.

Four minutes…

“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon!” I muttered. Why was she taking so long?

Three minutes…

I started to pace. I hated waiting. Being patient wasn’t my thing. Waiting made the seconds feel like minutes, minutes fell like hours, and hours feel like days.

Two minutes…

My vision of the future grew clearer by the second. She was near.

One minutes…

“Walk faster,” I whispered.

Thirty seconds…

Twigs began to snap and bushes started to rustle. She was close. Very close. Just ten more seconds.

“Ten… Nine… Eight… Seven… Six… Five… Four… Three… Two… One…” I whispered.

A tiny figure appeared on the other side of the tiny meadow. A black, spikey, pixie cut sat atop her head. Her skin sparkled as the sun hit it. From where I was standing I could see her eye color perfectly. Bright, warm butterscotch.

“I knew you would be here,” Alice Cullen said.

“I knew you knew,” I said, walking up to her. “Don’t forget I can see the future too.”

Alice walked and met me halfway. Man, she was short. She had to be at least four foot ten. That’s shorter than me!

All of a sudden, I was wrapped in a tight hug. I jumped back a little, not expecting it. Damn psychic skills.

I’m sorry I put you through all of that,” Alice said quietly.

The anger I had when I was only a day old came back to me. I started shaking. Alice looked up at me, eyes wide. She saw what was going to happen but yet she didn’t move away. Talk about brave.

Suddenly, I screeched angrily. It echoed throughout the meadow. I pushed Alice away from me and she fell to the ground. I immediately tried to attack her but she outstretched her arms and held me up. Damn it. I really wanted to bite that fucking head off.

“You bitch!” I screamed. Alice made no reaction. I struggled in her arms. “You should be sorry! You made me go through all that pain alone! Almost everything was taken away from me!”

Alice pushed me away from her and then sat up. I tried to attack her again. I was out of luck. She grabbed my wrists and held me out arms-length. She looked at me with a stern look on her face.

“Katie, calm down,” she said.

I stopped screeching but the shaking continued. I looked down at the ground. “I can’t.”

Alice pulled me in for a hug. I felt a tiny hand rub my back.

“It’s okay,” Alice whispered. “Your newborn instincts are just taking over.”