17. Where Is Your God?

Zoey Cornell's Point ov View

I looked at Lee, puzzled. We were at the end of the Empire State Building, not Olympus. Right? Guido nose-dived to the ground. I held onto Lee tightly. He just gave me a toothy grin.

“Scared?” he asked when we hopped off Guido’s back.

“Afraid of heights,” I said.

“And spiders? All Athena kids are afraid of spiders,” Lee said.

I nodded. “I’m one of them.”

“Makes sense. Are you afraid of drowning?”

I nodded again.

“Did you miss us?” Percy asked as he smoothly landed with Blackjack. Mollee and Grover landed with Dante right after. Percy, Annabeth, Mollee, and Grover got off the pegasi’s backs. “Let’s go in.” Percy started walking towards the door.

“What about the pegasi?” I asked.

“Mortals won’t be able to see ‘em,” Mollee said.

I stayed quiet. As we walked into the picture-perfect Empire State Building, I looked around at its beauty. Holy shit was it gorgeous! We walked to a guy at the front desk and he smiled.

“Six-hundredth floor please,” Percy said.

“There is no-” the man started.

“I’m sure there isn’t,” Mollee sarcastically said. She twirled her hair, showing off her tips. I did the same.

“Go on. Tell your moms and dads I said hi,” the man said.

“Don’t count on it,” I said smoothly.

We all walked into an elevator and bursted into hysterics

Three minutes later, we reached the six-hundredth floor

“So this is Olympus?” I stupidly asked.

No one answered. I didn’t blame them. Sigh. Facepalm.

We walked out of the elevator and onto a balcony. A door was there. Percy, Annabeth, and Lee walked into it confidently. Olympus? I think so. Grover, Mollee, and I followed. We entered a hallway full of statues and strawberry fields. Farther ahead were huge chairs. Only three gods and two goddesses were there though. Poseidon, Zeus, Apollo, Demeter, and Athena stared at us. Zeus and Demeter were giving a suspicious look to Mollee though as she somewhat hid behind Lee and me. They looked confused about something, like they were wondering who she was. I guess they couldn’t really see what she looked like? I wasn’t confused about how tall they were though. They. Were. Huge.

“We knew you were coming,” Apollo said, smiling down at us. The god had blond hair like Lee but it was combed back and neat.

“I have a question for you Lord,” Percy said. He kneeled. Zeus nodded and Percy stood up. “We were wondering who the demons are.” He shifted from foot to foot.

“Vampires,” Zeus said flatly. All of our eyes widened. Zeus continued. “As you all know, we have chosen two children of the Big Three and another god to lead this mission. The vampires are not your average Dracula. They are more powerful. They can feel everything you’re feeling and they know your moves before you even plan them. They also know what you’re thinking. Be. Careful. Keep in mind that they can also kill you with one punch so you must train hard. This is a mission of the gods.”

“And enjoy your prophecy,” Athena said.

Poseidon and Apollo smiled at each other and looked at Lee and me standing side by side.

We all kneeled. “Thank you,” Percy said.

We stood up and walked down the hallway again. Once at the balcony, we saw two way too familiar faces. Dionysus and Chiron. Sure we were happy to see them but they sure weren’t happy to see us.

Chapter Title Credits: "Hurricane" by Thirty Seconds to Mars