16. Search and Destroy

“Wait!” said two familiar voices. I turned around to see Percy and Annabeth.

“No!” I exclaimed. I kept walking.

“Listen to me! Chiron just wants this to be over with too. He wants it to go either way, by us dying or them dying!” Annabeth yelled.

I sighed and turned around. “We have a limited amount of troops. Maybe we could get the gods to help us?”

“They can’t. That is why we were created. The gods decided to make children to help. They know what will happen. They know who the demons are and what they will do to us. That is why you were created. To kill them! Now we gotta go!” Annabeth said.

I gave her a puzzled look.

“To Olympus. To talk to Zeus,” Percy said, noticing.

“Oh,” I said, trembling of fear. “I don’t know if Chiron will let us.”

“What Chiron doesn’t know won’t hurt him, right?” Percy asked. “Get Grover and Mollee. I will gather some pegasi. Let’s go. You – stay.” Percy pointed at me.

“Woof,” I said.

Percy smiled and then ran away.

Seconds later I heard footprints patting behind me against the grass. I turned around. I screamed when I was looking at a horse with wings and a horn. It smiled at me.

Hi boss!

Wait. Did I just hear its mind?

“What is that?” I asked Annabeth.

“Blackjack, my Pegasus. Cool right?” Percy said while coming back. Mollee and a satyr followed him. I’m guessing the satyr was Grover.

“Sure. It’s cool,” I said, petting the Pegasus.

Sugar cubes boss?

No! I thought to it.

“Alright. Let’s get out of here!” Annabeth exclaimed.

“Percy, are you sure we could do this?” I asked quietly

Percy nodded and hopped onto Blackjack. He pulled Annabeth up onto the same Pegasus and I rolled my eyes.

“Everyone here?” Percy asked.

“No!” I said. “Lee!”

“Why him?” Grover asked in a cocky tone. I had a feeling he didn’t like Lee.

“It is his prophecy, right?” I asked.

I ran to the Apollo Cabin. I reached the cabin within minutes. It was a beautiful yellow color and also red on the outside. Honestly I was terrified to walk in. I knocked and to my surprise Lee answered.

“Yo!” he exclaimed.

“The ladies can’t resist you Lee!” a guy yelled.

“Shut up! She is right here!” Lee yelled back.

I heard the guy laugh along with a few other Apollo kids.

“So what are you doing here?” Lee asked, opening the door wider so I could see inside. It was shining yellow with medical supplies and musical instruments such as guitars, flutes, clarinets, and trumpets.

“Um, come with me and, like, hurry.” I grabbed him by the arm and the boys in the cabin whistled.

We reached Half-Blood Hill. I stopped and turned around to face Lee.

“Where are we going?” he asked.

“You will see. It is your prophecy right?” I asked.

He nodded.

I realized what I said. I gave Lee and apologetic look. He just gave me a half smile.

Soon Percy, Annabeth, Mollee, and Grover came down with Blackjack and two other pegasi. Mollee and Grover were on Dante. Lee and I were to ride on the other Pegasus named Guido. I hopped on his back and so did Lee. We all took off.

We only flew for a few minutes. The night air was colder than I expected. But that didn’t matter. Soon, we reached a big, famous building. It was the first time I ever saw the Empire State Building.

Chapter Title Credits: "Search and Destroy" by Thirty Seconds to Mars