CHAPTER 26

Finally she was theirs. He couldn't believe how quickly she had accepted them. Looking down at her as she lay snuggled up to him sleeping, he stared in wonder, taking in her beauty. Thanking the Goddess for bringing Cassie to him. Tenderly moving her, he wrapped his arms around her, bringing her flush against his body. Relaxing, he fell into a deep slumber, content and satiated.

#
Noooo...!!!

They have mated!!! She pulled at her hair in frustration, slamming her hand on the tree nearby.

This can't continue, I've still got time...he hasn't changed her, the plan has commenced, so I'll just speed it up, before that happens!!!

Turning, she rushed to the pack house.

#
Hearing knocking, Max woke up, instantly feeling protective of his mate. Holding her in a protective stance. Who could be waking them at this ungodly hour, looking at the watch on the bedside table, he noted that it was just after five in the morning.

Groaning, he lifted Cassie off him, gently tucking her in, giving a light peck on her cheek, before putting on his jeans and walking barefoot towards the front door, angry at the person that dared to interrupt them. Opening the door with force, he growled, "What!"

"Sorry Alpha...we have an emergency." Ian stated, bowing his head in submission, knowing that given any other circumstances, he wouldn't be interrupting his Alpha.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, inhaling deeply, he calmly asked, "What is the emergency?"

"Patrol caught a scent along the eastern border, following it, they came upon a gruesome site!" Ian stated, visibly shaken, recollecting the image he saw, when he was called to the site.

"Tell me..." Max ordered.

"The body of a pack member, her body crudely cut up. Doc says she had been raped, before being killed. The cuts indicate that they were done while she was still alive, basically she was tortured and beaten." Ian informed him.

"The eastern border? Wasn't that were Colt said patrol picked up a scent of a rogue?" Max asked.

"Yes...also there was a message carved into her chest," Ian said, recalling the gruesome message.

"Well...?"

"Kill the Luna or more will die!" Ian spoke.

Growling, his beast coming forward, eyes glowing gold, he commanded, " I want all trackers to sniff for any clue, I want to know who did this! Find me the culprit and justice will be served! No one touches what is mine!!!"he roared menacingly.

Bowing his head in submission, Ian added, " We might know the culprit "

"Who?" Beast commanded.

"Stacey, her scent was on the body and she is nowhere to be found."Ian informed his king.

"We will find her and make her pay. Gather all relevant members, I'll be there in about a hour for a meeting," he ordered. Closing the door he made his way towards Cassie, he needed her to calm himself.