CHAPTER 21

"Oh...I don't know." Watching as Max moved forward in her direction slowly, fear clearly written across his face, "I mean, how can someone forget to inform their love, about something so important?"

Max tentatively sat down next to Cassie, taking her hand, squeezing it. His other hand cupping her face tenderly, "Cassie, I'm sorry...wanting to make you mine, I only focused on wanting to mark you, I was selfish with my desire." He said sincerely, waiting...as Cassie looked at him quietly. "I promise to tell you anything you need to know, just give me a chance..." He whispered, holding in his breath, fear coursing through his body, at Cassie's continued silence.

Slumping, Cassie sighed in defeat. She didn't know if it was the bond, but seeing the fear and uncertainty in Max, it made her want to soothe the fears away, calmly she said, "Ok! Tell me everything, especially the important things, everything relevant that I should be aware of and no more skirting around the issues! Lies and secrets, do not make for a great start in a relationship."

Inhaling deeply, Max took a breath of her sweet scent, calming his beast, promising himself, that he won't take for granted this opportunity of forgiveness, "Thank you." He humbly murmured, giving her a light kiss on her cheek.

Standing up, he bend down, scooping Cassie into his arms, smiling at her startled gasp, kissing her again, walking out the room.

"Where..are...you!!!" She stuttered, surprised at his actions.

"I'm taking you to my room. We will have privacy!" Smirking down at her blush, knowing what she was thinking.

"But, you said we would talk," Squirming in his arms, determined to be set down, frustrated as he continued carrying her.

Laughing, he unceremoniously dumped her on something soft, presumably a bed, trying to sit up, he pounced at her, laying on top, blocking her escape.

Arousal filtered through her body, feeling his hard length pressed down on her. Her body heating up, her mind turning to mush, completely forgetting the reason for her anger.

Max growled, causing her to shiver with want. Grinding his hips, his hardness pressed near her core, she lifted her legs, wrapping them around his waist, bringing him in closer to her, whimpering, needing to feel the pressure. Lifting up, she grabbed his head, bringing it down, kissing his lips, while moving her body, feeling the friction as she moved along his length.

Max couldn't believe this, he only brought Cassie to his room for privacy and was amused at where her thoughts wandered too, as he carried her there. But, laying here on top of her, all amusement fell away, as he smelt her arousal, growling, he pressed his hardness towards her, grinding down, instantly becoming hard, when she further wrapped her legs around his waist, bringing him closer to her core. Kissing her, he knew that he needed to rein down his desire, they needed to talk first. Pulling away slowly, he untangled himself from Cassie's embrace, regrettably sitting up, giving himself deep calming breaths, hearing Cassie panting behind him, as she lay there.

Cassie lay there, breathlessly, watching as Max moved away, disappointed that they didn't go further. But, knowing they needed to talk, she respected him for having better control. Clearly something she was lacking, judging how fast she became aroused.

"So where would you like to start?" Max asked.

"The fact I'm Luna..." She began.

So taking a fortifying breath, Max began to explain everything to her. His position in the pack, her position as his mate. The changes in her body that would occur, once the mating was completed. How she would become a Lycan. Their pack and those they rule over. Everything he could think of, he explained, while Cassie sat there listening quietly, giving a murmur or nod as he continued. Thinking and taking in all the information he was giving her, weighing the pros and cons of her acceptance of the bond.

"Cassie...do you still accept us?" Max asked, cutting into her thoughts.

"It's a bit overwhelming," she said, "but I still accept you and all that entertains. Though...I wouldn't know if I'll be a good Luna!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, darling. You were made for this, the Goddess knew what I needed. Also, you will have me, Sara and the rest of the group to help you. We are all a team, helping each other." Taking her into his arms, soothing her with words of love and care.