CHAPTER 23

Finished with their meal, they stood up, with Cassie thanking everyone for their contribution in making the meal enjoyable. Everyone bowing their heads, watching as their Alpha and Luna left the kitchen, content that they had a great Luna to further guide them in prosperity and peace. Hopefully soon with prospects of a future heir or two, they all hoped.

Reaching the foyer, Max turned to Cassie, "I would like for you to meet someone, they're someone I trust and you being Luna, I need this member to guard you."

"Is it really necessary?" Cassie asked.

"This is, your safety is our priority. Like I said before, life has friends and foes. And you now being Luna, just highlights your vulnerability. I can't always be there, but...this guard will be there in my absence. Please do this for me, it will set our minds at ease." Gathering her hands into his, engulfing them, stating his request.

"Ok. If this is really important to you, I'll meet them, I trust your judgement." She responded, feeling the tension leave his body at her words.

"Thank you." Giving a heart stopping smile.

Going outside, Max took Cassie around the house, towards the back, where he knew the warriors would be training and also where Cassie's protector would be.

Reaching the area, Max called out, "Melissa, a moment of your time!" He ordered, "Everyone continue with training."

Cassie watched as a beautiful woman stepped forward, jealously came to mind, stepping closer to Max, staking her claim.

Max feeling Cassie's emotions, bent down, whispering, "You have nothing to worry about, I'm all yours. Besides, Melissa is like a sister to me, she is Sara's sister." He soothed, lighly stroking her arms, nipping her soft neck.

Hearing the sincerity in Max's voice, she took a deep breath, before calmly looking at Melissa.

Reaching them, Melissa smiled, "Hi! Welcome Luna, I am honored to meet you. Max was excited when he found you, we were so happy for him." Setting Cassie at ease.

"Melissa. As previously discussed, you will be Cassie's protector and hopefully good friend. I trust that you'll keep her safe." Max spoke.

"Yes, Alpha!" Rolling her eyes, looking at Cassie with a smirk, drawing a giggle from Cassie. She really liked Melissa, reminding her of Mara, all sassy and confident.

"Right...just remember Ian and the gang will help as well." Ignoring Melissa's sarcasm. "I'll let you ladies get acquainted then." Walking off towards the training grounds, after giving Cassie a hug and kiss.