CHAPTER 17

As Cassie slowly woke up, two things came to mind. She had been marked and she was alone in bed...

Sitting up, she looked around, it seems that she hadn't been sleeping long, there was still light filtering through the curtains. Shrugging the blanket off her, she stood up, walking towards the bathroom to freshen up. Looking at herself in the mirror, she noticed the swelling on her neck. Tentatively touching it, wincing at the pain. Deciding to tie her hair up into a bun, keeping it away from the mark.

Leaving the bathroom, she made her way to the kitchenette, hearing movement, she came to an abrupt stop as she saw Max standing near the stove, without a shirt, his back muscles flexing as he moved around.

"Morning!" He said, turning around with a wide grin.

"Ummm... morning." She murmured unsure, how can it be morning? Did she sleep right through?

Taking pity on her and feeling her emotions through their bond, he moved closer to her, embracing her tenderly, resting his chin on her head.

"Sorry...it must be confusing too you. The mark partly drains your energy the first time given, making you sleep for awhile." He stated.

"Oh!" She exclaimed.

Chuckling, "Yeah...sorry, forgive me, in my excitement, I forgot the finer details." He commented, giving her a swift kiss. Stepping back, he turned around and moved towards the stove.

"I made us some breakfast, sit down and I'll dish up." He said.

Dazed, Cassie sat down on the barstool, watching as Max moved around in the small kitchen seamlessly, knowing what he was doing.

"Bon appetit," as he set her plate down before her with a flourish, grinning down at her.

Smiling, she picked up her fork and dug in, moaning her delight as the food hit her taste buds. Famished, she ate her meal quickly. "You can cook for me anytime, that was delicious, thank you." Licking her lips in appreciation.

"It's a pleasure, I aim to provide." Smiling at her.

Sitting back, watching him finish his meal, she asked,  "What are your plans for the day? I mean...I know I'm on holiday, but I'm assuming you work..."

"Trying to get rid of me?"

"No!" I just..." She exclaimed.

"Relax." Taking her hand into his large ones, calming her with light strokes. "I was joking. I do work, my hours are flexible, I'm the boss, so I can come and go without repercussions." He smiled gently at her. "Actually...I was wondering if you want to accompany me to the pack house. Meet a few close members and spend time there?"

Thinking, she didn't want to let him go. She didn't know if it was the bond causing these emotions. But at this moment, all she cared about, is being near him. So getting up, she climbed onto his lap, hugging him, gave him a scorching kiss, she said, "I would love to go."