CHAPTER 7

Max could feel Cassie had withdrawn, he knew he was the cause of it. He was calling himself all kinds of fool's for not handling it well. His beast was impatient and wanted to stake his claim. So, controlling his emotions and taking a deep breath, he started forming a plan to bring Cassie closer.

As Cassie approached the group, she was feeling more stable. Sara turned to her and asked if she would like to join them for lunch, women only! Laughing, she accepted.

Cassie, Sara and Mary took her car. Driving towards town, she got to know the girls a bit better and actually enjoying their companionship. Sara was lively and Mary was a quiet sweet person. Parking the car, they got out and Sara suggested lunching at the local diner across the street.

Getting in the diner, they found a booth and sat down, looking at the menus. A waitress arrived, welcoming them, taking their orders and giving a slight bow, when she left, confusing Cassie. But, as the other two didn't react, she shrugged her shoulder. Continuing on getting to know them better and enjoying their company.

Their meals arrived and lunch progressed, halfway finishing her meal, Cassie heard the diner door open and the air around her shifted. She could feel someone watching her intensely and with her body reacting the way it was, she knew it could only be Max.

Max, Ian and Colt arrived at the diner. Entering, his eyes scanned the area, landing on Cassie, her back was turned to him, but he knew that she was aware of him, by the sudden tenseness in her body. Walking over to their booth, he slipped in next to her.

"Hello again Cassie, girls." He said, turning sideways to look at her.

"Hello Max," She whispered, a blush forming.

Leaning up close, he spoke into her ear softly. "Can we go somewhere and talk?"

Cassie held in a involuntary moan. Turning her face towards him, their noses almost touching, she looked into his eyes and couldn't say no.

All she could do was nod.