CHAPTER 2

The moment that the newcomer had passed his territory, he knew and felt a change.

It was customary to feel the change, his town was known for tourist attractions and everybody made sure things ran smoothly and that their kind were not caught. Tourists were kept an eye on and made sure not to venture out into restricted areas.

Though, even when he felt the change, his beast had been restless and as the day progressed, his agitation grew.

"Alpha?" His beta, Ian called "The visitor has arrived and she is settled at her cabin.'

Looking up from his notes, the beast within perked up at the word "she", he must be really overstressed. Perhaps he should let his beast out and take a run. Yes, that's what he would do. Responding to his beta "Keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't go into restricted areas." He ordered.

"Yes alpha."

"I'm going for a run." He said, getting up and leaving his office.

Reaching the front door of the pack house, the moment his hand touched the door knob, a pair of arms snaked around his waist and a whiny voice asked, "Where are you going darling?"

Stiffening, his beast snarling and wanting blood, for the disrespect shown. He removed the arms around him forcibly, turned around and snarled "I'm not your darling! And if you ever again touch me! You will be exiled!"

"But, sweetheart..." she started.

"No!" Grabbing her by her throat and lifting her up, watching her struggle. "You concocted this idea, that you are going to be Luna. But, mark my words, you are nothing but a social climbing slut and I never want anything to do with you, so...either back off or suffer the consequences."

Then letting her go and watching her drop to the ground gasping for air, he took a step back, turned around and walked out towards the tree line.

Reaching the tree line, he discarded his clothes and let the change overcome him. Once, he was in his lycan form, he retreated to the back and let his beast take control.

Beast has been restless for a while now, but today it had been extreme. He let instinct guide him and ran deep into the woods, going in a direction that was pulling at him.

Once he stopped, he was at a cabin and alluring smell was wafting in the air. Searching for it's source, he rounded the cabin and came upon a open window, where the smell was the strongest. Looking into the darkened room, with his heightened vision, he saw a form on the bed.

Tempted by the smell, he climbed through the window, approached the bed and crouched down to take a better look. Lying on the bed was a woman sleeping soundly.

Her smell tantalized his senses. His hand stretched out and lightly brushing the hair off her cheek.

Once his hand had touched her skin, she whimpered. Feeling an electrical current passing through.

"Mate!"