CHAPTER 22

Standing up, Max turned, reaching out to Cassie. "I think it's best to leave this room. My beast and I are on edge, I fear that I'll lose control and mate with you, you are too tempting."

Oh...!" She blushed.

"Yes, why don't we go downstairs, grab a bite to eat and you get to meet a few pack members." He asked.

Agreeing with Max, they then made their way downstairs. Holding hands as they moved along. Reaching a kitchen, where people were busy preparing food. As they entered, the atmosphere changed, everyone stilled, feeling the shift of authority entering their presence, bowing their heads in submission.

"Relax, my mate and I, want only something to eat," He ordered.

Feeling uncomfortable, Cassie let go of Max's hand, moving forward, smiling at those around her, "Please, if it won't be too much of a hassle." Encompassing everyone with her warm smile and request. Gaining respect from the members, their Luna was tenderhearted and respectful, just what this pack needed. An elderly lady moved forward, "Luna, we would be honoured to serve you." Bowing her head in submission.

"Thank you." Cassie replied.

Max looked on with pride, his mate had set everyone at ease, letting her kindness shine through. The members instantly accepting her as their Luna and Queen.

They sat down at the table, being served a light lunch. While chatting with each other and occasionally with the members around them. Cassie making everyone relax around her, drawing a few giggle's and laughs from everyone.

Max had never felt this closeness to his members, as he felt now, usually they were reserved, treating him with respect and loyalty, but always at a distance. His mate was a blessing, creating a link, that bridged the gap between himself and those of his members, cherishing her even more.