PROLOGUE

"Oh come on Cassie!" Exclaimed Mara, ' You cannot continue living like this!"

"Yes, I understand that you have suffered, I know you are hurting, but life goes on, you cannot allow Brad or that skank that he shacked up with, continue to bring you down." Mara looked at her longtime friend and colleague.

Cassie stood at her office window, looking down at the activity going on, her mind in turmoil. She could understand where Mara was coming from, it has been two years since her break up, in a week's time it will be her birthday and all she had to show for it, was her independence and financial stability.

But, when it came to her personal life, it was always the same mundane routine. Work, home and the occasional obligatory social event.

Nothing or no one special in her life, that boat had sailed a long time ago, her perfect life, was shattered, when she caught her ex and his secretary in a compromising position. 

Heartache, lies and trust had come crashing down that day.

Oh, Brad did try to lay the blame on someone else, but the truth was out there. If she hadn't seen it for herself, she would probably still be living to this day in denial. Her family and friends tried to warn her, but she was so in love...

"Cassie, listen to me," Mara spoke, "As your friend, take this gift, your birthday will be coming up soon and all I want is for you to enjoy yourself, live life, find a guy, heck...find a couple." She retorted, " I just want to see the carefree Cassie back, you are still young, caring and beautiful. Not this..." She whispered in the end, hoping that her friend will listen and take what is being offered.

Cassie turned around to look at her friend's outstretched hand, holding a thick white envelope. "So, your gift is a fully paid month long holiday?"

"Yes!" Mara responded.