Taylor And Jade See Two New Baby Girls

Start from the beginning

The door opened almost immediately. "Carol, girls how are you all." Alice checked them all out.  "You have multiplied." Alice said with a smile.  "Yes these are friend's of Bridget's.  This here is Jade, this here is Selina." Mrs Pike said placing a hand on each girls shoulder.  "Hello girls." Alice said looking at Jade with wide eyes.   "Hello Mrs Pepper.  Can we come and visit with your babies?" Jade asked with a smile.  "I think they would like that." Alice said.  "Why did they say they wanted visitors?" Selina asked. "Well no not exactly." Alice said opening the door more.  "I am off love.  See you later." Mario said leaving the girls to their visit with the twins.  Mario thought when he brought the two of them home he had made a grave mistake.  But Alice had settled in well with the girls.  It was almost as though Harleen was hers. 

"Bye love.  Come on in the girls are sleeping at the moment." Alice said with a sign of a very frazzled mother.  "You know Alice I am just upstairs if you need help.  I know how trying  new born's can be." Carol said.  "Thanks, I may call on you later.  You know so I can get some shut eye sometimes." Alice said.  "We can watch em too if ya want." Jade said.  "My Mummy was going to have a baby.  She told me I would have to help her with it.  So I sought of know what is to be done.  I have a baby doll.  I have to change her nappy all the time." Jade rambled on.  Alice smiled at the girl.  "So what did your Mother have?" Alice asked putting on the kettle.  "I don't know the bitch ditched us at the last minute." Jade said.  Alice went pale, she stopped and turned to Jade and Selina.  "What were your names again?" She asked, trying not to look at Carol.  "I'm Jade. this here is Selina." Jade said with a smile.  "Yes dear, what were your last names again?" Alice asked feeling like the world was going to crash in on her.  "Oh, I'm Jade Quinzel, this here is Selina Kyle.  Our Mothers dropped us at the orphanage.  They are bitches." Jade said.   Silence filled the room.  The room for Alice started to spin.  For Carol she felt the embarrassment of a four year old's truthful look on life.  She wanted at this time for the ground to swallow her up.  She was just so embarrassed.  At that same moment the twins decided it was time for a nappy change.  And food!    

"OH can we go check on em?" Bridget asked her eyes alight with joy.  Alice grabbed the table.  "You girls go and check on the babies.  Don't pick them up.  But you can place a gentle hand on them.  I need to talk to Carol." Alice said.  All the girls headed off to the lounge room where the babies where screaming.  "What is it Alice?  Are you feeling alright?" Carol asked going to her.  "Yes I am fine thanks.  But when the girls go, can you stay.  I need to talk to you about something." Alice said her face very pale.  "Of course." Carol said.  "They stopped crying." Jade said peaking her head into the kitchen.  "That's good love.  I will be there in a moment." Alice said with a weak smile.   

  "So what are their names?" Jade asked looking from one to the other. "This here is Pamela. But we call her Ivy." Alice said pointing to the little one with the tuff or red hair. "Why do you call her Ivy?" Jade asked. "Because, my Maiden name is Isley." Alice said. "What is a maiden name?" Jade asked. "I know, it is a name before the married name." Selina said with a smile. "So how do ya get Ivy form Isley?" Jade asked thinking this is going to be so good. "Well when we, Mr Pepper and I were courting." Alice started. "Is that when ya go out on a date?" Jade asked. "Ah yes. So when we were courting. Mr Pepper called me Ivy." Alice said. "Why?" Jade asked still confused. "I like plants, my last name was Isley. Ah...." Alice let it drop. 'Ivy' was now screaming again.

"I don't get it." Jade said. "I will explain it to you later dear." Mrs Pike said. "Maybe we should go?" She asked Alice. "Ah no, please stay. I have to go and feed Ivy. But you can change Harleen if you like?" Alice said to the girls. "Harleen! That is what Mummy was going to call our baby." Jade said clapping her hands. Harleen then decided that it was time to let them know she was here. She screamed. Carol looked up at Alice. Her face in shock. Alice nodded. Carol looked down at Jade. She watched as Taylor unwrapped the baby. She had sent Selina to the bathroom for a warm washer. Oh My God, what were the chances. A mother leaving her girls. But they found each other after only a few weeks. "Oh my what a strange world we live in." Carol whispered to herself.

With the babies changed and fed, they settled down to sleep. "So who wants a hold?" Alice asked. All four of the girls put up their hands. "Alright then. Taylor and Jade first. Sit on the lounge." Alice said. Mrs Pike sat with Jade. "Can I really hold her?" Jade asked her eyes wide. "Yes my love you can." Alice said. She picked up Harleen and placed the sleeping baby in Jade's lap. "Hole you hand there." Carol said as Jade placed her hand gently on the back of Harleen's head. She stretched and gurgled at Jade. "Did ya see that!" Jade said to Mrs Pike. "Yes darling, I think she likes ya." Carol said looking at Alice. She had just placed Ivy in Taylor's lap. Taylor felt a bond with the girl. Ivy moved and snuggled closer to Taylor. "Well there must be magic in the air today. It looks like both girls I think have made a bond." Alice said with a smile. It was at that moment that Alice decided not to tell the girls. But to wait until they had grown. The children would grow up together. They would be just like sisters. After all they would be neighbors forever. Alice smiled at Carol.

"Sena wants a turn." Jade said like holding Harleen was a ride at the show. "OK then give me Harleen, and Selina can sit with her." Carol said. She took the baby, Jade slipped off the chair and smiled at Alice. "Thank you for letting me sit with her. It even felt like Mummy's Harleen. Ya know cause of the name and all." Jade said smiling at her. Now, Now was the time. Alice could tell her now. But something held her back. She looked down into the same eyes as her daughter. Yes Harleen was her daughter. She had to protect her until she was old enough. "You can come and see her any time Carol will allow. So be good for her, and you can come and play with the girls." Alice said with a smile. ""That will be fun, won't it girls?" Taylor asked handing Ivy to Bridget as she sat on the lounge. She didn't want to give her up. Someday soon Ivy, I will be back. Taylor thought as she watched her with Bridget.

With the cuddles over and Alice back in the kitchen making tea. Jade and the other girls were excused if they wanted. Jade smiled, she went to the bassinet. There she stood on her tiptoes. "I love ya Harleen. I know ya aint mine, But I feel like ya are just like mine." Jade whispered. Harleen moved and gurgled again. Jade smiled. It felt just like Harleen wanted to come home with her. But I know, ya are safe here. Besides I can come and visit ya all the time. Harleen gurgled again. Jade giggled. "What are ya whisperin to that baby Jade?" Selina asked. "Nothin." Jade said with a smile. "Come on girls, time to go and feed the pigeons." Taylor called the girls. I know how ya feel Jade, I don't want to let them go either Taylor thought. "Bye, thanks again." Taylor called as she took the girls from the apartment. "Bye girls." Alice called.

"What is it Alice?" Carol asked her when the children were gone. Alice got up and went to the closet. She pulled out the little cardboard birth certificates. She handed them silently to Carol. "Oh my god, Alice. What type of woman would do this?" Carol asked. "Carol she was so depressed. She never even fed Harleen once. The woman that was with her fed the baby formula." Alice said remembering the two women. Carol sat in shocked silence. "But ya know there is one thing good. To happen out of all this mess." Alice said. "They will at least grow up together?" Carol asked. "Yes they will be family with your girls. So I know that Ivy will never be alone." Alice said tears falling down her cheeks. "You are not going anywhere." Carol said. "But Mario might. I don't know if I want to live without him Carol. I don't think I could take another man to my bed." Alice said. "You would find a way for those girls. That is what I do Alice. That's what I do." Carol said with a smile at her now real friend. Now they share a bond no one will break.

On the rooftops Jade played with her pencils. She drew and coloured in a baby in the bassinet. She had the name 'Harleen' on the top of the paper. Jade was standing next to her with a huge smile. Next to Jade with a big smile was Selina. The word 'sis' was on the bottom of the paper. "What ya drawing Jade?" Selina asked as she sat with her. "Our Harleen. See if she could see us we would be real sisters. So this is for her wherever she is." Jade said. "So you don't think that Mrs Pepper's Harleen is yours?" Selina asked. Jade smiled. "Of course she is. But we can't let the adults know." Jade said with a giggle.......................................