♡40 bears♡

Double updateeee

Yoongi POV:

"What the fuck is going on?"

"Language, Yoongi. Is that any way to greet a guest?" my stepdad uttered in a stern voice sending me a sharp glare before surprisingly turning to smile at Jiyeon. I hadn't seen a genuine smile from him in years.

"Don't worry, Heechul. Teens will be teens." 

Jiyeon took a few steps closer towards me and Jungkook, her long dress swaying. "You must be Yoongi and Jungkook, your dad's said a lot about you guys." she smiled the corners of her mouth pulled up into a smile. Jungkook sent a toothy grin back, eyes almost twinkling at her. 

"Step dad." I corrected her, not even bothering to smile back, "He's Jungkook's dad, not mine."

"Oh ,right. Sorry."she sheepishly scratched the back of her neck, "Um, do you need help carrying your things upstairs?"

"No. I can carry my own things, thanks." I grumbled with a hint of sarcasm.

"Don't be so rude, Yoongi." My step dad growled, I could see him cracking his knuckles in my peripheral vision making me gulp.

"A-actually, I wouldn't mind some help." I murmured getting hold of one of the boxes stumbling a bit while Jungkook lifted up my duffel bag that was stuffed to the brim with ease. Jiyeon lifted up one of the smaller boxes, proceeding up the stairs. 

I was just about to follow when I felt the back of my collar be harshly yanked , causing me to lose balance and almost crash into the wall behind me.

"Listen Yoongi, you better not mess this up for me. Don't be rude to her; no sarcasm, no yelling, no insults , nothing like that. Otherwise you're seriously gonna regret it. Understood?" he growled into my ear causing me to shiver ; I could still smell a hint of alcohol under his breath.I looked down at the scratched wooden floor and meekly nodded my head.

"ANSWER ME!" he yelled, tugging onto my collar if harder almost suffocating me.

"Y-yes."

"Good. Now put your stuff upstairs and come back down to have dinner with Jiyeon." he let go of my collar and shoved me away, almost in disgust.

                                                                                   +

"Uh, I cooked dinner just for you guys. I hope you like it."

"Thank you Jiyeon!" Jungkook beamed at her, "What did you cook? Whatever it is, it smells good."

"Spicy fried chicken." she answered, setting out the table with plates and cutlery.

Wow, I don't think I even remember the last time I had a proper family meal at home.

"Jungkook, doesn't like spicy food." I said in monotone voice, sitting on the furthest side on the table away from her, while Jungkook sat opposite Jiyeon so that he was facing her directly.

"Oh sorry, I-I'll just-"

"No,no, it's fine. I'll still eat it." Jungkook reassured her.

She began serving us the food, placing the food on her place last. I watched as Jungkook stared dreamily at her from the opposite side of the table instead of eating his actual food. Finally when he remembered there was food in front of him he took a bite. 

"Where's dad?" he asked, trying to mask a cough. I could already tell it was a bit too spicy for him.

" He just said that he was going out." Jiyeon answered obliviously. She obviously had no idea about my step father's drinking problem. How could she be dumb enough to end up with a man like him?