Chapter 14

Your pov

I froze, slowly but surely I turned around to look into the dull brown eyes of my mother, a snarl on her face like she's ready to bite my face off like the bitch she is.

"I asked, the hell are you doing leaving the house in this state!" She repeated, I sighed and began to play with the bracelet.

"u-um, I was heading to school!" I silently cursed myself for stuttering.

"you're not going anywhere until this house is spotless," She shouted as she grabbed her keys and walked to the car and began driving away to probably pick up another guy.

I walked back into the front door and shut it, I spoke out loud to Jevil who was hiding as the bracelet, "right, you can come out now."

Jevil reverted back to his original form and stretched, he then proceeded to float towards the couch and  sit atop it and grab a brick sitting next to him

"OwO what's this?" He asked me. before I could answer he pressed a button on it and a box across from him turned on and began stating the weather with the volume at 100%.

As fast as I could I jumped towards Jevil and snatched the remote off of him and turned the volume down so I don't become deaf.

"that... is the remote to the TV... do not press any button on it because you are going to help me with cleaning if you want to go to the circus tonight" I carefully explained to him and sat the remote on top of the TV.

I walked over towards the cupboard that holds supplies while Jevil floated behind me curious. I picked up the stuff that I would need and handed Jevil the duster. He looked at it funnily and sniffed it, he gave out a big sneeze from the feathers and dust on it, his bells giving a little jingle.

"now that I have discovered that you can float you can dust the high places that I can't reach" He nodded and began dusting while I did everything else.

After an hour or so we finally finished and we sat down inside of a spotless house.

"so... what do ya wanna do" I asked, Jevil gave out a quiet hum while he scratched his cheek.

"mmm... how about the magic box thingy!" he shouted and pointed towards the TV.

"The tv?" I asked while picking up the remote and turned it on, I flicked through the channels.

"Oh! What about this thing?"  Jevil pointed at the movie currently playing on the tv. I realised it was a new movie that recently came out the cinema.

" you wanna watch IT?" Jevil nodded his head rapidly. Luckily the movie was just starting so we both watched it from the start.

Through out the movie Jevil would laugh at the gory parts, once the movie finished it was 10:00pm and so I decided to head to my room for a bit. Jevil of course floating behind me.

I huffed and sat down on my bed, The circus doesn't start for another 2 hours and we need to leave an hour early for the journey there, I layed on my bed while Jevil floated around to find something to do.

"What's this thing called poker?" I looked up to see that Jevil found my poker set and was holding the box curiously, inspecting every detail of it from the chips rattling inside to the tape holding it together.

"OH! that's my poker set, it's a card game that includes betting, luck, deceit and money." I told him, as soon as he heard the part about the lying and deceit he was interested.

"Can we play this game? can we? can we?" he clapped his hands while floating around in circles.

(just as a warning, I Author chan has never ever ever ever played poker before)

I took the set out his hand and started setting it out, he sat down across from me and took his cards in his hands looking at them, I then explained the rules to him and we begin playing.

first round I won because Jevil threw in all his chips with only a pair, I took them with three of a kind and so we started the game again while making sure Jevil understood what he was doing.

Second round Jevil bet all his chips and won with a royal flush whereas I had only full house.

Third round I won with a straight flush while Jevil still bet all his chips on high card.

At the end I sighed and thought poker wasn't the best game for Jevil so I suggested Uno instead. Jevil wanted to play anyways and we have enough time since poker only took 15 mins.  

After 45 mins of Jevil screaming and throwing cards into the air it was finally time to go to the circus.

"c'mon, we have to get there before they won't let us in for the last showing" I said while cleaning up the cards taking 3 minutes to put them in colour, I put them back into the box and sat them onto the shelf.

With that we left to go to the circus... at midnight, NOT SHADY AT ALL.