Chapter 15

I woke up with sunlight glaring at me while green, astute eyes softly looked down at me.

"Don't you know it's impolite to stare?"

"It's not when I'm staring at what's mine."

He smiled smugly, like he had the last cookie in the jar.

I got out of the contraptions he called hands and made my way to the bathroom.

"What, are you trying to be Edward Cullen now?"

"Only if you'll be the Bella to my Edward."

I smiled at that, when I turned away from him.

"Besides, I'm better than any sparkly vampire."

I laughed as his cocky personality showed in vivid colours. He really knows how to ruin a moment.

But he is right. I'd choose him over Cullen anytime. I shook my head and shut the door behind me. Tying my hair into a bun, I started my morning routine, like I did back at home. Then, I remembered that it wasn't home. I checked my watch for the time and...

"It's been only a minute since we left, huh? So we've stayed here for about twenty four hours..." I muttered to myself.

After freshening up, I returned into my bedroom to find my clothes from yesterday sprawled out, neatly, on the bed. I grabbed my T-shirt and jeans, draping myself in the comfort of my own clothes. They weren't stained with blood like they were about thirty minutes ago. I had no make-up, so I wore none. I walked outside to find Eladra and Liam sitting at our dining table with the others, as Lucas and Fabian were making fruit salads in the kitchen.

I braided my hair across my shoulder as I made my way to the table. Just then, Fabian and Lucas made their way over to us, food in hand. They placed the large bowl with the colourful contents, on the table. Fabian left a feather-light kiss on my head as he took his seat next to me, placing an empty container in front of me, along with a spoon, fork and knife.

"The first lesson for today would be for Serena, Alberta, Tavi and Will." Eladra spoke as I picked up my fork.

"What? Now?" I questioned.

"Yes. The others can continue eating normally, but you will have no cutlery to help you. This is to improve your mind control and to get a better grip of your element." Liam said as he took the fork out of my hand.

I sighed and sat up straight. "Okay. How do we do this shit?"

"Simple, really." Eladra replied, slightly scowling at my use of words.

"Concentrate on what you want to do. Alberta and Tavi, concentrate on willing the power in your body to be forced through your eyes. Control the object, like you are picking it up with your own hands."

We nodded and tried to get to work, whilst listening to Serena's and Will's instructions.

"Serena and Will, both of you try to control the juice in your glass. Direct it to lift itself into the air and into the empty bowl. But remember, do not spill it on the table. Serena, I'd like you try out the your sister's activity next. I'm not sure to what extent it's going to work, since sirens can control animate objects, I'm not sure about inanimate objects..."

I focused my attention completely on what I wanted the strawberry, in my bowl, to do. I wanted it to lift itself first, like I was picking it up. I tuned out all the other chatter around me. My focus was solely on the strawberry.

I digged deep and searched for the new powers within me. Mentally, grasping it in my hand and wielding it like a rope, I prepared myself to force the magic out of me and to latch on to the strawberry. It was tiresome, to say the least.