Chapter 4

"So how are you related to her?" Darius asked me once we stopped dancing and grabbed a drink. "Well, I'm her daughter." I think Darius's eyebrows just disappeared into his hair, 'cause that's how high it went. Then Tavi appeared next to me. She rose one eyebrow at me. I shrugged and said "He's cool." Darius just smiled and put his hand on his chest and said "I'm flattered darling." And battered his lashes. I laughed at him and so did Tavi. "So you guys are buddies now?" Tavi asked and I nodded. "We can finally have a friend who we've always wanted." I said. "Oh. You're gay?" She asked Darius, and he nodded. "As gay as I can ever be." He said holding up a peace sign.

Out of nowhere, she jumped up and hugged him. "This is so amazing!" She said as Darius laughed and hugged her back. It's so weird that two days ago, we couldn't stand each other and now we're like best buds. So totally weird.

Suddenly, a wonderful smell hit my nostrils. Oh my goddess. It's so good. Mmm...what is it? It's so....mesmerizing. I started walking towards it. Oh my lord. I feel butterflies everywhere. I closed my eyes and so, stupidly, I walked into someone. I felt something fall to the ground. I couldn't care less. I just need to find the source of the smell. 

Then, it was gone. It was just gone. I opened my eyes frowning. What the hell just happened? It was here just a moment ago, and now it's gone? Ugh. Why is everything so confusing? A voice from behind, asked me "Does this belong to you?"

That voice. It was so husky and deep, with just a tint of an accent. God it was making me crazy. It was making me want to melt. I turned around to face a masked man. His hair was slicked back in a quiff. Chestnut hair, which looked so soft, that I wanted to run my fingers through it. He was dresses in a tux. He looked taller than me. By about a foot. Then, I saw his eyes. Striking green eyes. My own eyes started to wander on his face. Then it settled on his plump, pink lips. They looked so...kissable. I involuntarily leaned forward. 

What the hell is happening to me? I snapped out of it and my gaze snapped to the object the beautiful boy was holding. It was my rose. My hand went to my hair, confirming my suspicions. The rose, which was there in my hair just moments ago was in his hand. It probably fell while I was wandering about looking for the source of the smell. I slowly nodded. Then he stepped closer, and boom! The smell was there. So much more intense than before. I closed my eyes and moved closer to him. I took the rose from him. During that process, his hand brushed against mine, sending pleasurable tingles throughout my body. "Are you okay?" He asked me. Oh goddess, just let me melt. I looked up at him and we stood about centimeters away from each other. 

Aviva took over me and reached up to him and crashed his lips onto mine. Oh my goddess! What am I doing? Thankfully, I wasn't left hanging. He kissed back. His hands went to my waist and gripped me closer. My hands got tangled in his hair and I pulled him impossibly closer. After what felt like hours, I pulled back when I heard Tavi's voice through the mind link saying "Alberta Marie Jackson! What in the name of the Goddess are you doing?" 

I looked up, into his beautiful green eyes. They were darker. We were so close. My hands rested perfectly on his perfectly chiseled shoulders and his warm hands were on my waist. I suddenly had the urge to kiss him again.

"Kiss me" He said.

I obeyed.

Since when in the name of the Goddess do I obey someone? Especially a stranger! 

This time he pulled back and asked me "What's your name?" Quite breathlessly, may I add. This just made him look even hotter. "Al-Alberta" I said heavily panting from our make-out session. Then he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck. "Alberta." He said. It sounded so good when he said my name, I had to close my eyes. He pulled me closer to him and I put my head on his shoulder, hugging him. Then realisation hit me. Hard.