Chapter 9

"Nothing!" I exclaimed while flipping the book shut. "Like seriously. This is the biggest library I've seen in my entire life and there's no information on how to get to Urzec or where it is. Hell there's no mention of the place anywhere!" 

"Calm down, babe. We'll get to the bottom of it soon enough." Xana said as she flipped through one of the books. "Xana its been two days. And we don't have the slightest clue. Plus the boys are away looking for a grumpy sorceress. Who knows what she's up to? What if she tries something on them? What if she puts them under some love spell or whatever?" Serena says as she walks around the place, annoyed and in turn annoying others. "Rena. I don't think that's even possible." Tavi said trying to comfort her. "Besides. They're our boys. They're gonna stay true to us. Like we will to them. Now. Focus." 

"Yeah. It's not like some door's gonna open that will lead us to Urzec." Serena snorted.

"Umm...guys....that is exactly what just happened." I heard Xana say. Soon enough my head flipped to her side as Tavi dropped the book she was holding. Sure enough, there was a door wide open...but it wasn't quite what Serena said. Sure there was a book named Urzec sitting on an isolated stand. And sure there was a really strong magical force coming from it, but after looking at all these books for these past two days, I can't look at another one. "Well. Fab did say this place is old." 

"It's known as the ancient library for a reason."

We all walked towards the book. It was dusty and the cover looked about a thousand years old.

"Look, there's something written on it." Someone said pointing at the book.

'Convertat corda totas infundere VII potest simul page' [A/N: I hope I got that right]

"What does this mean?" I asked.

"To infuse into the hearts of the whole page, at the same time it can be a turn of eight." Tavi responded with her eyebrows furrowed. "It doesn't make sense. Hearts of the page? A turn of eight?"

"Maybe we can try to rearrange the words in english?" Xana suggested. And so we tried to rearrange the riddle of a clue. Hours passed by and soon it was three in the afternoon. 

"Maybe we should take a break. I'm hungry." Serena said as she clutched her tummy. 

I nodded and my stomach growled in agreement. The others stared at me. "Sorry" I muttered as they laughed.

We made our way back to our house and entered the kitchen. Xana sat herself down and grabbed an apple as I grabbed the pancake mix. "Where's Tav and Rena?" I asked looking around. Xana shrugged. "They said they wanted to freshen up." 

"Oh."

There was awkward silence between us. We've never been alone together in the same room. "So..." 

"So...."

"This is awkward." I stated and let out a breathy laugh. "Yeah....but I seem to enjoy this silence. It speaks to me." she said. I stopped stirring the mix and turned around to face her sitting down at the table. "What do you mean?" I asked as I grabbed myself a chair to sit on, opposite to her.

She took a bite of her apple and took her time to chew and gulp it down, all the time looking like she was thinking about something. 

"I wasn't always a lone wolf. At a point of time, I was a part of a pack. I was abandoned. Mainly because I was his daughter. And she was a slut." She paused for a while. I looked at her, as if asking her to continue and to tell me the full story. "I am Alpha Jared's daughter. I was an 'illegitimate' child. Or so he said. My mother is Karen Pale. You know that bitch, don't you?" I snorted. Well, yeah, I do. She tried to hit on my dad a few times. Xana started laughing out loud, and I looked at her, weirded out. "That's the bitch who gave birth to me" Then reality hit me. "Oh...did I say that out loud?" I asked her and she laughed while nodding her head. That's when I noticed how truly beautiful she was. Her red hair was pulled back in a sleek ponytail, that highlighted her cheeckbones and her complimentary green eyes lit up when she laughed. I could also see light freckles, that you wouldn't have noticed if you weren't looking at her up close.  It's hard to imagine that her father is the ex-Alpha of my old pack. She looks nothing like him.