Chapter 2

Once I was home, I told my parents about the ball. Mama was ecstatic. My mother was a french lady of style. She's a fashion designer and so my mum was just a tad bit too excited to play dress up with me. Cue my nervous laugh.

My dad on the other hand didn't care a lot about the ball. What he cared about was how me and Tavi fought those two rogues. I've already told him about 8 times now, and he still asks me to tell it to him again. Then he would tell me what I could have done. Then Mama would come in and gush about dresses. Then she'd ramble in french while my dad would start cursing in english because he just doesn't get how she speaks french this fast. Finally it would repeat.

Right now, me and Tavi are standing in my mother's studio while she's looking at a yellow fabric and a red one. "Hmm..Red would really bring out Al's hair and eyes, while Tav would look really good in yellow-gold..." Okay so it's yellow-gold. Sure. Okay. Then Mama turned to the green and blue fabrics which were being held up by my dad. He looked helpless and hopeless and as confused as a little kid in a huge shopping complex. 

My mother shook her head at those fabrics. "Red and yellow-gold it is." She said. Then she got straight to work.

-------------Hours  Later-------------

Mama finished up. What can you say, years of sewing and fashion designing really makes you fast. I'm not saying that she didn't take any help. Her friends and sisters helped her as well, but still it's pretty impressive to finish in such a short notice. Either way, Mama didn't let us see it.

Tavi decided to spend the night at my place. She raided my closet and got out a night dress. Then she went downstairs and raided the kitchen and got back a bucket of popcorn. My dad knocked on my door and asked "Can I come in girls?" Tavi just replied by saying "Sure Uncle!"

Before you ask, no, she is not my cousin. She's my best friend. We've known each other from before we were even born. Our mothers were roommates. Yeah it goes all the way back to their day. And to their luck, they were mated to men from the Eastern pack. Wow. Talk about close friends.

Anyways, dad came in and sat on one of my spare chairs. He told us "Girls I know you guys are going to a Royal ball and all, but I want you guys to know that if someone ever tried to hurt you and you hurt them back, me and Tav's dad will always be on your side. Okay?" We nodded. "Good. Now, Serena's here." He said and walked out. Moments later my little sister came in and plopped on my bed next to me. "You guys are going to a royal ball in the Northern Pack! That's so cool!" She said and then suddenly pouted. "And while you guys are away seeing cute guys, I'd be stuck here, probably watching a boring old TV show. It's not fair!" She said and I laughed at her while Tavi pinched her cheek. 

"Can't you guys just hide me under your gowns and take me there? I'd want to see if I'd have luck in talking to a few hot guys." She said. "I doubt Mama and Papa would be too glad to hear that I sneaked you into a ball under my ball. Well, actually, I'm not too sure about Mama. She might just think it was the most romantic thing in the world, if you met your mate there or something." I said, frowning towards the end. Serena shrugged. "'Twas worth a shot." She said. Tavi just shook her head and mumbled something which sounded like 'Sometimes I don't even get you'

"But you know, you guys could always meet your mates." Serena said wiggling her eyebrows. Us, werewolfs can start searching for our mates from when we turn 17, once us and our wolves mature.

Aviva was suddenly jumpy at the mention of mates. 

'Stop it Aviva. Why are you so jumpy now?'

'Well maybe 'cause we could meet our mate there in that ball. Duh!'

I rolled my eyes at her mentally. Tavi suddenly snapped me out of my trance by saying "Yeah but they could also be dead you know." Tavi was never with the whole idea of mates and all. Serena just shrugged. Serena had recently turned 17 and she has a sudden interest in mates and that is literally all she ever talks about. 

Serena sighed when we weren't doing anything, and were just enjoying comfortable silence. She laid her head down on my outstretched legs. "Can we do something?" She asked. Tavi nodded and said "Yeah. We can dance." I nodded. Serena got up and jumped  on to the floor. "Then lets go! DANCE PARTY!" She said. I laughed and set up a video camera then I started playing 'Most Girls' by Hailee Steinfield. We started our horrible dancing and singing. Then we danced to a couple more songs along with a few slow songs where we pretended to couple dance. At like 11:59, we were counting down to midnight, as though it were New Year. Yes. I know we're weird. But eventually, we fell asleep. 

The next morning I woke up with my head on Tavi's stomach and Serena's head on mine. Then I heard a knock. "Come in." I said. The door opened to reveal a very, very excited Mama.

Oh moon goddess. Please help me. 

SAVE ME SOMEONE!