Chapter 3

Mama didn't even wait for me and Tavi to finish eating breakfast, before which, Tavi's mum came over, looking equally excited as my mum. Oh my goddess. Please give me the strength to get through this afternoon with two excited ladies who can converse fluently in french.

I half heartedly left my half full plate of mouthwatering bacon and eggs. Just then, dad came in and started eating my breakfast. RIP my breakfast. RIP. With a heavy heart, I turned around to follow my mother and Auntie Flora (Tavi's mum) to my mum's studio.

Once we were there Mama spoke in her thick french accent "These are your dresses girls." She pulled back a thick red curtain to reveal two beautiful dresses siting on mannequins. Tavi gasped. I looked over at her to see her looking at the yellow-gold dress. It had one full-sleeved, netted arm while the other side was just a sleeveless, sweetheart neckline kind of thing going on. It screamed Tavi. Next to the dress, there was a table with accessories which consisted of a black bad-girl, spiked choker, black gem-stone earrings, and a soft velvet, black bracelet. At the foot of the dress were black, chunky heeled boots. The dress also had a slit running up to, what I would say, about mid-thigh. Perfect way to show off her rose plant tattoo.

The other dress was a red one. It was more of a Chinese style on that. It was body hugging, like the other one, but one which went up the neck, kind of a half turtleneck. It was sleeveless, on both sides, as well. Then there were dull, yellow flowers going up from the side. On the table beside this dress, there was a chopstick and a rose. At the foot of the red dress, there were a silver-diamond-ish coloured heels.

They were both very pretty dresses, but I was attracted towards the red one. I don't know why, but it felt like I was meant to choose that. Auntie Flora ushered us into dressing rooms. Mama followed into mine not long after carrying the red dress in her hands.

I was in the dress in about five minutes. Mama stepped back and let me see myself in the mirror. I turned around and gasped at what I saw. Standing in the mirror was a beautiful girl, whose dress perfectly fit her. Almost, magically. I turned back to my mother and she was in tears. She was legit crying.

I pulled her into a big hug. I knew she put a lot of effort into making these dresses for us. She's really the most amazing mother in the whole wide world.

We got out, me still wearing the dress, at the same time that Tavi did. She looked beautiful.

The dress looked like it was made for her. Well yeah it was, but still.

Her mother had a very proud expression on her face, like did mine. "They look so beautiful." Auntie Flora said. Mama nodded. "It really reminds me of the ball, where we met Jack and Aron." She said.

Woah. My parents met at a ball? Weird.

Tavi rolled her eyes clearly showing how disinterested she was in that topic. Auntie Flora spoke up and said "Girls, since you have to arrive at the ballroom by around 6:30, we'll be leaving now. So you girls go slip into something more comfortable while we get the car started. By the way, we're coming with you. We'll reach the Northern Pack at about noon, that's two hours from now. We'll be staying at my friend's place. Aurora and I will help you get all dressed up. We'd like to see our daughter's grow up." She teared up a bit at the end. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Auntie Flora, we aren't getting married or anything you know." I said. "But you could. Who knows when you'll meet your prince." She countered "Flora's right." Mama added. "But Auntie Aurora.." Tavi whined and I chuckled at how cute she looked. I'm sure she'd be quite the eye-catcher at the ball this evening. Her dress is just too good on her. And not to mention her tattoo just takes it up a notch. Guys would be falling for her at her feet. Getting back, Mama shushed her and we went back into the changing rooms to change back into our jeans and t-shirts.