{Chapter Twenty} A Bittersweet Reunion

KATELYN'S POV

Katelyn had officially decided that she didn't like dirt very much. Not after being buried in it. Jasper's method, although effective, was annoying. It was even worse when Katelyn realised she had fallen onto a coffin. She shot up, banging into Lilith and falling to the soft ground. Face first of course, because her day couldn't get any better, could it?

"Sorry." Lilith apologised, helping her to her feet.

"Not your fault," She muttered, spitting dirt out of her mouth, "Am I allowed to assume this is the right place?"

"Seems like it," She nodded, "That's your coffin for sure."

"Thanks for that." Katelyn said dryly.

Lilith shrugged.

"Is this Travis'?" Jasper asked from the other side of the sinkhole.

Lilith glanced over and nodded.

"Who wants to open which one?" She asked, making it seem like some sort of Christmas present rather than a coffin.

"I'll open mine, I guess." Katelyn offered hesitatingly.

"Go ahead." Lilith encouraged her.

Katelyn mentally braced herself and made her way over to it. It was quite fancy, polished oak that still gleamed after all these centuries. Intricate gold inlays covered it. She hooked her fingers into the side, and took a deep breath. She counted to three in her head, and opened it.

APHMAU'S POV
Aphmau clutched Irene's relic close to her chest as they hurried out of that place. Aaron held the one that used to be Alina's and Lizzie held Garroth's loosely at her side, as if it was some kind of toy.

"Is this good?" Aaron asked, pausing and looking around.

They were in a remote forest clearing, the only sounds that filled the air were that of the birds and the trees.

"Should be." Lizzie replied, handing Garroth's relic to him, "Now, clasp hands."

Doing as they were told, they stood in a circle. Aphmau held onto Lizzie and Aaron's hands. Lizzie muttered something under her breath and the ground disappeared out from under them. When Aphmau regained feeling in her body they were once again back in the cave. Kim and Emmalyn were there, as were Jasper, Lilith and Katelyn, who looked faintly disturbed but was clutching two relics in her hands.

"Where's Lucinda and Willow?" Aphmau asked at once.

"Out." Kim answered, "They should be back soon."

"They're safe," Jasper frowned, "For now at least."

"And we have five out of six relics." Lizzie added.

"Hey, how come you guys don't need relics?" Katelyn piped up.

"We're special." Lizzie answered after exchanging a look with Jasper.

No more was said, as just then Lucinda and Willow appeared back in the cave, both looking slightly muddy and weary, but okay. And a relic was shining in Lucinda's hands.

"And that makes six." Lizzie murmured.

"What do we do now?" Aphmau asked, voicing what was on everyone's minds.

"We go find those entitled bratty little demons." Lizzie smirked.

"It'll be some sort of bittersweet reunion." Katelyn said quietly, her voice rich with, well, bitterness.

"Why?" Kim asked, frowning.

Katelyn looked at Lizzie.

"Because," Lizzie smiled, "Chances are, we aren't all come out of this 'reunion' alive."

A/N: Sooooo... update! Yay! Pretend it hasn't been like three weeks, and if you can't, blame my teachers for giving us big tests and assignments due in the last week of school. But it's the holidays now, so yay. There are only two more parts left after this, this time for real, so, enjoy it while you can.

Also, we hit 4K since I last updated at 3K, which is massive. Thank you guys so so much. I never thought anyone would read this.