{Chapter Fourteen} Be Ready For War

LILITH'S POV

Alina gasped shakily, obviously trying to stop herself from sobbing. Lilith knew the same memories were flashing through her sister's head as were in her own. The days after her mother's death, the years even. Of loneliness. Lizzie had always been there for them, but it wasn't the same. Lilith brushed a tear away.

"What did I do?" Sylvanna asked, glancing between the two of them.

"You brought back memories." Lizzie murmured.

"What memories?"

"Of our mum's death." Lilith whispered.

"Oh." Sylvanna's face fell, "How old were you when...?"

"I had just turned four. Lilith's about 9 or 10 months older than me."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." Lilith sighed.

"Still. I'm sorry. What about your father?"

"Dead." The girls answered simultaneously.

"Oh."

"Enough reminiscing guys." Lizzie ordered, "We have work to do."

"Another war to wage." Alina smiled faintly.

"Yes. And we have to be ready for it."

"What's the plan?" Sylvanna inquired.

"It remains the same, even though we didn't retrieve the Ro'Maeve father."

"What do we do?" Eric asked eagerly.

"You stay here."

"What!" He snapped.

"You and Sylvanna will stay here with Zane, Kawaii-Chan and Zianna, while me, Jasper, Willow, Aphmau, Alina, Aaron, Lilith, Kim, Emmalyn and Katelyn carry out the plan."

"But we want to help." Sylvanna insisted.

"You can," Alina said gently, "By staying here. We don't need more people for the Demon Warlock to take hostage."

"Fine." Sylvanna muttered.

"Good, now someone go get Lucinda and Willow. We need to get moving while the sun is up."

Katelyn, who had probably stopped questioning why she should take orders from someone who looked much younger than herself, sped off and came back a minute late with Lucinda and Willow.

"Anyone who isn't coming, please go and join the others."

Lizzie waited till Eric and Sylvanna were out for earshot before speaking again.

"So, I lied-"

"Why?" Lucinda interrupted.

"Because I can and I want to." Lizzie retorted, "Now, the plan has changed. Plan now is much simpler, but probably harder."

"What is it?" Aaron asked warily.

"So, you know the celestial cannon?"

They all nodded, but still seemed kind of confused.

"It's clear you don't, so I will explain it to you. It can transform a cursed soul into a relic. The Demon Warlock counts as a cursed soul. If we can get him under the ray of the cannon, then we can turn him into a relic. Bye Bye Demon Warlock. For good this time."

"What do we do with the relic?" Aphmau wondered.

"We destroy it." Lizzie said grimly, "Using the celestial cannon. No mortal should ever just be given that kind of power, and we can't risk waiting for it to fade on its own."

"That will work?" Aaron checked.

"It should." Emmalyn murmured.

"So, are we all in agreement?" Lizzie glanced around the group.

No one spoke up.

"Good. So, Emmalyn, before we leave, return to Kim's body. You know how the cannon works. That's your job. Katelyn, Lilith go with her to defend her-"

"Wait!" Katelyn exclaimed.

"Can we go five minutes without someone interrupting me?" Lizzie sighed, "What?"

"We're forgetting that the Demon Warlock is inhabiting Travis. What will happen to him?"

Lizzie, Willow and Jasper exchanged grim glances before Lizzie replied.

"In war, there's always collateral damage."

A/N- I feel like I'm always saying this, but so sorry for how long it took to update. If you can't tell this story is wrapping up. (Edit: 5 chapters later and still not close to wrapping up. I lied.) Only a few more parts to go. (Also a lie) I'll be sorry to see it finish, but it will also be so satisfying. I'm also working on a Demigods at Hogwarts Fanfiction, and a few other Aphmau stories if you want to check them out. Yes, I am using this as a chance to advertise my other stories. Fite me. But enough of my rambling, hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading and thank you so so much for 1.6K reads!