{Chapter Ten} An Old Friend

ALINA'S POV

"Emmalyn?" Alina and Lilith exclaimed in unison.

The ghostly figure of their old friend was shimmering in front of them. Alina was shocked. She didn't remember Emmalyn too well, as she had died when she was young, but she remembered enough about her to know she was a friend. She had sacrificed her life to help prevent the werewolf tribe's invasion of Phoenix Drop.

"Yes- that is my name." The ghostly figured murmured, her voice hoarse.

"Do you remember us?" Alina asked.

"I think I do. You're Alina and you're Lilith. You are Lady Aphmau's children."

"Uh Aph? Since when did you have two kids?" Lucinda frowned.

"I don't ," She replied, "I don't know what's going on."

"It doesn't matter if this is confusing, it explains a lot." Lizzie was staring at Emmalyn, her gaze unreadable.

"What do you mean?" Kim asked, looking confused and slightly fatigued.

"It explains why Lady Irene would appear to you."

"Why?" Lucinda jumped in before anyone else could.

"Because I knew her in my life. I knew her well." Emmalyn answered.

"You never told me?" Kim seemed hurt.

"I didn't remember until now. The memories- they are coming back."

"Oh shoot. That's bad." Lizzie bit her lip.

"What, why is that bad?" Lucinda said sharply.

Alina was confused to, but then she recalled something her mother had told her. Lilith had evidently been thinking the same thing, as she gasped.

"Kenmur!" Emmalyn suddenly cried, falling to the ground sobbing.

"That's what I was afraid of." Lizzie sighed.

"Who's Kenmur?" Zane inquired.

"Her husband." Lilith replied.

"Wait, I thought Ghost- Emmalyn- was in love with Zane." Aaron pointed out.

"My best bet is that there was a memory mix up. You see, she probably confused the memory of Zane and a lover. In reality, Kenmur was killed by a man named Zane."

"Kenmur." Emmalyn sobbed.

"Why?" Kawaii-Chan spoke up at last.

"Zane was less than nice." Alina muttered.

"Correction- he was a liar, traitor, murderer, thief, and just about every other thing I can think of. He also didn't have the courtesy to stay dead when our dad sacrificed his life to kill him."

"Oh." Kawaii-Chan looked worried.

They all did.

"What was your father's name?" Aphmau asked, obviously attempting to offer some comfort.

"Aaron." Lilith whispered.

She obviously didn't intend for anyone to hear, but they did. Aphmau and Aaron were silent for a long moment.

"So, you're the daughters of  Aphmau and Aaron?" Aaron said slowly.

When Lilith didn't reply, Alina did instead.

"Yes."

"Aha." Aaron turned to Lizzie, "Would this have anything to with 'past lives'?"

"Smarter than I thought." Lizzie commented.

"Answer the question." Aaron repeated.

"Fine. Yes, you and Aphmau have had a past life, or in Aphmau's case multiple. In one, you adopted Lilith and had Alina. However you sacrificed yourself before you even knew Aphmau was pregnant with Alina, and Lilith was just a baby."

"You never knew your father." Aphmau sympathised.

Alina shrugged.

"I had many people caring for me. It was like  I had many brothers and sisters instead."

"Hey!" Lilith protested.

"Don't worry, you were always my favourite."

"Good."

"And besides, I did meet my father a few times."

"I'm not quite sure you could call those 'meeting him'. For all of them he was either a spirit, or you were, well, killing him."

"You know, I had forgotten about that." Alina shifted uncomfortably.

"Killing him?" Aaron looked confused.

"It wasn't really him. His body was being inhabited by an evil spirit, and I had to help kill him."

"An evil spirit? Dear, that was the evil spirit. The crown of the all. The king."

"You're flattering him." Lilith chuckled.

"He's dead."

"We thought the demon warlock was too. Now look where we are." Lilith reasoned.

"True. I taught you well."

"No, my mother did. You just helped."

"That's fair enough."

"Lizzie!"

A flash signified the return of Jasper and Willow, dragging an aged man between them. He was bleeding heavily.

"Terry!" Aphmau and Aaron exclaimed.

"Heal him." Willow said ,panicked, "I've tried."

"I don't specialise in healing magic. That was always more my sister's thing, and yours. If you can't I don't stand a chance."

"Try." Willow begged.

"Okay." Lizzie took a deep breath and began to chant, "Sana vulnera curare eos."

Nothing happened.

"I'm sorry." Lizzie said helplessly.

"At least you tried." Jasper comforted her.

The man gasped out a word.

"Stop.."

"Go on." Willow encouraged.

"Stop.. him."

With a shuddering gasp, and a shiver that ran through his entire body, he breathed his last breath.

"He's gone." Willow slumped against the coffin.

"How did it happen?" Lucinda asked quietly.

"I think it was the GF or the demon warlock, or-" Jasper didn't finish the sentence.

"Or who?" Lucinda glanced at him.

"Garroth." Willow finished, "Under the warlock's control.

"What do we do now?" Alina asked Lizzie.

She took a deep breath before replying.

"We fight."

A/N-Thanks so much for reading and for over 450 reads! It means so much!
Sorry for the shorter chapter. Teachers are mean, and I have a big competition this weekend. (Which probably means I'll be late watching Episode 10, so I is mad but oh well.)