So we're a thing?

"Hey" he opened the door and just stood there for a bit. "Um, shit sorry come in" he stepped back and I walked in, gave the dog a tickle and put my bag down.

"You ok?" I asked as he headed my way, he looked a little weird.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just, I guess a little nervous" he ran his fingers through his hair "every time we've kinda done this I've been drinking"

"What hung out? We've spent a lot of time together, if that's so then you've got a real problem" I teased and he chuckled.

"Nah, you know what I mean. I've got a hot girl in my house, I'm cooking her dinner and I'm just not the cool guy people think I am" he walked to the kitchen and I followed.

"I don't think you're cool" I said with a wink "but I get what you mean. I've got that early date jitters too. But isn't that part of the fun?" I sidled up next to him with my back to the counter.

He smiled down and moved so he was in front of me.  "I guess you're right" he placed his hands either side of me on the counter "it's gonna be fun, right?" He smelt amazing, I couldn't help but put my hands around his neck as I nodded and he closed the gap to kiss me. My stomach flipped, my chest pounded. I could feel his pulse rapid as I put my hands on his chest.

"Right, we're having fun but tonight was about us being able to talk a little without other people all about" I said as we paused and he moved back to stirring the dinner he was prepping and finding us a glass of wine.

"It's was. So, how's your parent's house looking?"

"Better. Most things are in their place now I think. Mum says there's another crate to get shipped but god knows what's in there as the house looks pretty full as it is!"

"Parents have a way of collecting crap. It'll be boxes of clothes from when you were little, or other really 'important' stuff like that that's filling my Ma's attic. My sisters are the same"

We spent the rest of the cooking time chatting and talking about family. We knew the jists of each others lives from on set conversations but we told it all again. Chris lit up when talking about his family. It's lovely to hear how happy they make him and how close they all are. Being an only child, it made me a little jealous of his family set up.

As we ate dinner, conversation moved to us a little more.

"So when is your flight back to London?" Chris asked in between mouthfuls.

"Saturday afternoon. So I've got like 5 days here and then back to finish moving my own stuff into Tom's"

"You're actually living with Hiddleston then?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yup. It's gonna be fun. We'll drink lots of wine, he will cook for me and it'll be a laugh"

"Just fun though right, like friend-zone fun?" He looked a little worried.

"Ha! Yes, Tom is just a friend. We've been just friends for years. Why, you worried?" I tease and played with his foot under the table.

"A little. He's a good looking motherfucker. And a real charmer. I've not done the long distance thing in a while and the thought of...you know?" He drifted off and went back to eating.

I took a large sip of the wine. "So we're a thing?" I wasn't meant to be thinking about this, but he kind of said it.

"Well yeah. I mean. If you'd want that?" He looked very worried now, but he calmed as I smiled at the thought. "I mean, I'm not going to be seeing anyone else, I've not managed to think about anyone else, or much else for that matter, since we ended filming. And I'd kinda want to give whatever this is a go. You know?" His eyes looked extra blue when he was flustered.

"I know" I beamed and he held my hand over the table. I'd put my fork down now, there was no way I was going to eat any more. I just wanted to jump over the table and into his arms. "Like, I don't want to put any pressure on things but, giving it a go, without seeing anyone else sounds like a plan to me"

We sat for a moment just staring at each other. "Wanna take dessert to the sofa?" He asked after drawing a long breath.

"What we got?" I sat up straight excitedly.

He walked over to the freezer and got out a tub of ice cream and a spoon. We headed to the living room and he put on a movie. I wasn't even really taking not of what it was, it was a 80s and funny though. We giggled and cuddled on the sofa. He took great delight in feeding me ice cream and I wasn't complaining.

Once we'd finished with the food we led and finished the film. He wrapped his arm around me and drew circles on my hip with his finger tips. I felt completely comfortable and before I knew it he was waking me up as the movie ended.

"Shit, did I sleep?" I asked as he shuffled under me and stretched out.

"A little bit"

"Fuck, I'm sorry. I guess the last few days have caught up on me" I yawned and sat up as he smiled up at me.

"Don't be sorry, you looked adorable" he tucked my hair behind my ear and sat up to hold my face in his hand. He leaned me forward slightly and pulled me to his lips. "Come on. Let's head to bed, you're obviously very tired" he teased over exaggerated and headed towards the bedroom.

"I'm not that tired!" I called after him as I followed him to bed.