I'll cook you dinner

I left the next morning with a promise to call him and plan another evening, but this time just the two of us. As soon as I got back to my Mum's she was questioning me.

"So you and Chris?" She asked as I did my best to not choke on the mouthful of tea I'd just drank.

"Me and Chris what? He's a friend from a film" I tired to sound collected but my voice had gone kind of funny.

"He's a gorgeous friend, who came to your beck and call, didn't take his eyes off of you, and took you out last night" she put her cup down. "Come on, dad's not here. Spill!"

There was no use lying to her. She was a lawyer and a teacher, she could spot the truth (or the lack there of) a mile off.

"Ok, so we had a thing right at the end of filming, but that's it really. We've text since, but yesterday was the first time we'd seen each other since"

"And did you stay at a hotel last night then?" She tilted her head quizzically and I blushed. I genuinely felt my skin turn red.

"No" I Lowered my head slightly.

"Well, I'm glad I didn't send you money for a room" mum chuckled. "So are you seeing him again? Is this something that is going to continue. Don't you have to spend a load of press time with him for the movie?"

"Yeah, press and then filming of the next ones" I sighed "I wasn't planning on this becoming a thing, but then he's just... too ... I don't know. He's just sweet, and caring, and hot. And now I don't know what to do" I looked back up at my mum hoping for some advice.

"Ok, sweetie. Don't put pressure on it either way. See how things go. What's he said?" Mum tried to remain calm but I knew inside she was buying hats for weddings!

"He wants to do something tonight, just the two of us"

"Well that sounds like something you might like too, right?" She got up and started washing up the cups, as my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Evans - I'm still in bed! Feels kinda empty without you. You still up for something this evening? xx

It was as if he knew we were talking about him.

"Is that him?" My mum asked excitedly.

"Yup!" I stared at my phone.

"Text him back then. We've not got much more here today really. It's just setting up a few things until the next big container comes at the end of the week. Help your dad with the computers and then go and spend the day with him!"

Me - yeah I'm free later. Shouldn't be too long with my folks. What have you got planned? x

Evans - Well East and I were thinking we'd cook for you. We could have a quiet night in? xx

His replies were almost instant. He obviously didn't have much on.

Me - sounds like a recipe for food poisoning ;) lol. But I'll risk it! What time do you want me? x

Evans - I want you right now. Have done from the second I woke up ;) but you left early! I guess I'll have to wait until tonight.

Evans - Come over whenever you're done. I'm in all day, food will be ready for about 7.30. Can't wait xx

I blushed at his first message and got excited by the rest. I tired to busy myself with jobs with my parents but I was very excited about going back to Chris tonight. I wasn't even all that sure why. I guess sex was good, so I was kinda looking forward to that. I just liked being around him. He made me smile, made me feel special. I was going to throw the 'where are we going with this' thing out of my head and just enjoy some time with him.

The rest of the day kinda dragged. I was enjoying spending time with my folks but I just wanted it to be an acceptable time to get ready and head to Chris's. I set up the internet and connected all relevant devices for my parents and then set up my room. I didn't have much stuff there but they wanted me to have a room that I could stay with them if I wanted. After a light lunch, I unpacked a few of my things that had been brought over and by 5 pm I was showered and picking what to wear to a casual dinner in with a guy I was falling hard for.

Evans - you don't have any funny food things I need to worry about right? I had a panic that I'd brought things you wouldn't eat. X

Me - nope. I eat pretty much anything :) what we having? What should I wear? X

Evans - I'd prefer if you didn't wear anything, but if you have to wear something in the cab over here go for causal. I'm making pasta, as it's a safe option and I'm distracted xx

Me - ha! I'll make sure I'm covered up in the taxi. Pasta sounds yum. Can't wait xx

I found a jumper dress that was a little over sized but was comfy and still looked kinda cute. I left my hair a little wavy from being up all day and kept my makeup simple. Fortunately, hanging out on set for months before we got together meant Chris had seen me looking all shades of shit. I didn't feel the need to go to a massive amount of effort. But mascara and a bit of highlighter made me feel better.

Mom had filled dad in during the day and they both checked me over before I got in the cab.

"Don't do anything silly!" Dad joked. I'd hoped to just skulk out but he called from the living room.

"I won't daddy! I'll see you at some point tomorrow" I called back. My mum told me to have fun with a wink and I cringed my way into the waiting car. Staying at your parents when your 24 and dating is definitely no fun! I text Tom on the way for some impartial advice and support.

Tom - fuck his brains out for the next few days and then come home, forget about him and have fun in London with me. Before you know, it it'll be press and you can get cracking with the shagging again. Miss you xx

Although crass, Tom's message was what I'd kinda planned. Enjoy the next few days, enjoy London without him and then see what happens.