I need your strong arms

We'd text a fair bit. Definitely much more than I'd text any of the others. London was busy though, I was helping my parents pack up their place whilst trying to move my stuff into my new room. Tom had asked if I wanted to crash in his spare room for a bit. We were both hardly ever at home and he had a three bedroom flat. It was perfect really. We'd sorted rent and I agreed to pay him a little towards food when I was around as he was a control freak and wanted to cook.

My parents flew out before me on the Thursday to sort keys and stuff for their new house. The university had arranged most of it, mum was sure they weren't coming back to the uk for a while, hence the selling of the London house. I'd not heard from Chris for a few days but was definitely pleased to receive his text.

Evans - is tomorrow moving day? What time's your flight? x

Me - Yeah, leaving London at 9am. My parents are there now. You still at your mom's?

Evans - it's not like I'm back from collage and staying in my old room at my mom's, but yes I'm in Boston :) need a hand carrying heavy stuff?

Me - so you're saying you're not in your mom's house right now?

Evans - ok, well. I may be yes. But I do have my own place. There's very little food there though ;)

Me - haha! We'll I'll be staying at my parents for a bit. There's a few crates of stuff heading their way over the next week or so, I'm sure we can find a use for a strong pair of arms x

Evans - Oh, I bet you could ;)

I smiled at the thought of his strong arms around me. His hands in my hair, on my body, making me squirm under him. I settled down for bed, making sure my alarm was set for the morning.

Evans - let me know when you're free, or if you need a hand. I've missed you Lark x

Me - missed you too Evans xx

I set my phone down and tried to sleep. Now, not only was a stressed about the big family move, I was was ridiculously excited about seeing him again.

Luckily the lack of sleep during the night meant I managed to sleep for a good chunk of the flight. 8 hours seemed over before I knew it, which was a blessing as I hated sitting still on flights and struggled with long haul. I did my best to keep my head down through the few flashes of cameras in the arrivals lounge and met my dad outside in his waiting car.

"How was your trip?" My dad looked tired.

"Fine. It literally, and metaphorically, flew. How are you guys doing? You look knackered!"

"Well thank you darling, just what I love to hear" he sarcastically replied.

"You know what I mean. I just, How can I help? Is there a list of things I can do or something" I put my hand on his knee. Moving was stressful, and he looked like it was taking its tole on him.

"Your mother has it all sorted. There's lots for you to do, yes. There's two shipping containers arriving today, we've got some movers that have been arranged by the university but they've, if I'm honest, been a pile of shit! I've thrown my back out and I'm not looking forward to trying to get your grandmothers dresser and other stuff like that in the places your mum wants-"

"Ok daddy, stop. We'll go back, have a cup of tea and we'll sort it. I'm here to help and I have friends who can lift heavy antiques"

He smiled over at me and a I willed my phone to get US signal so I could text Chris. "Is the new place nice though?"

"It's fucking stunning, Alice. You'll love it. It's perfect really, so we can't grumble. I just wish it wasn't so far to bring all of our stuff"

"Well, the two of you just need to not be so good at your jobs, you could lecture at a random college in the Home Counties and have been done with it" I joked.

"And where would the fun be in that" he winked and focused on the road as we pulled into a sprawling residential area. The houses were huge and the grounds were stunning. Dad pulled up to a large house and round the drive that ran the front of it. My mum opened the door to the house as the engine switched off.

" 'Licie, sweetie!" She pulled me in for a hug "welcome home" she trepidatiously added as we walked inside. The house was perfect. It was big but not too over the top. It was exactly what I imagined my mum and dad to be in if we were in the uk. It was obviously based on an English Manor House or something. It was however very bare, there was large furniture in the centre of rooms and boxes all around. My mum looked shattered already.

"Right put the kettle on, I'm calling in back up!" I sat them down as my phone decided to finally comply.

Me - landed safe. I definitely need your strong arms though

Evans - glad to hear it. I'm always happy to have you in my arms ;)

Me - not quite like that :P any chance Scott is about too?

Evans - well that's a boner kill lol. Yeah I can find him. Where you at? x

I text my address and he let me know when they were on their way.

"Who are these boys then?" Dad asked in an over the top fatherly way.

"Evans was in the last movie I did. I've talked about him I'm sure. Chris? Not ring a bell? And he's bringing his brother Scott. Who I've met a few times and is just as lovely as Chris" I was unpacking around him trying to skirt the question that I knew was coming next.

"And is he... just a friend?" My dad raised an eyebrow and my mum stopped in the hallway outside to hear my answer.

"Daddy! Yes. He's a good friend. We filmed together for the last god knows how long, and he said when you guys moved if there was anything we needed to give him a call - the doorbell rang - "so I gave him a call, and he's here to help" I made my way to the front door and took a breath before opening it.

"Hey!" He beamed his incredible smile and my stomach flipped. He was wearing a plain T-shirt and jeans and a baseball cap. He'd started growing his beard and it was looking good. He was looking good! He pulled me in for a hug and I didn't want to let go.

"Thank you so much for coming!" I reluctantly let Chris go and greeted Scott too.

"No worries, also I was promised lunch" Scott teased with a wink.

"I will definitely feed you all" my mum welcomed them both in.

"Mum this is Chris and Scott. Guys this is my mum"

"Nice to meet you Mrs Lark" Chris waved a little awkwardly.

"Oh gosh, call me Anna, please. Thank you both for popping over."

Mum set to work giving us list of things and a little tour of what needed moving and where to put it. We spent a good two hours sorting and unpacking the living area and a sitting room before dad called time for a break and Scott had to make a quick phone call. My parents left for the kitchen and Chris and I were alone for the first time.

I was unwrapping ornaments from a box when I felt his body warm against my back.

"I've missed you" he whispered into my neck as his hand wrapped around my waist. I tilted my head to one side and placed the little plate I'd unwrapped down. I reached back and held his head as he kissed me, his bearded tickling my neck.

"I've missed you too" I paused and swallowed hard, trying not to moan at the feeling of his hands creeping between my legs. "But my parents are just through there and I've not told them anything yet" I stopped his hands in their path and he stood tall again.

"Fair enough" he took a deep breath and I turned around. "When are you free then? We could go out?" he grinned and raised an eyebrow "or stay in" He cheekily added with a wink. "Are you staying here?"

"Yeah if my bedroom gets sorted then I'm staying here. Otherwise I'm in a hotel"

"Well, we'll put your room to the bottom of the list and you can stay with me"

I was about to answer and joke about him being rather keen, when my dad called from the kitchen that there was cake and coffee and Chris skipped off. I was left feeling more than a little flustered, and very keen to leave my room to last!