①⑧

The next day Lovino invited them to go swimming in the pool behind the house.

Matthew walked out with a pair of red trunks that matched Gilbert's. Lovino rolled his eyes, "you have officially become that couple."

"Mhm! You know it!" Matthew chirped as he and Gilbert fawned over each other.

Lovino just groaned and relaxed on the edge of the pool, stretching his back in a curve as he raised his arms over his head, glancing over his shoulder to see Antonio looking a bit flustered.

"What?"

"N-Nothing!" Antonio jumped off into the pool to calm himself.

Lovino looked confused but a smirk played his lips and he slipped off into the cool water. He fluidly swam up to Antonio and tapped his shoulder.

Antonio jumped in surprise but brightened seeing Lovino smirking at him, "did I make you flustered, asshat?" He asked teasingly.

"Oh god they're flirting." Emil whispered to Leon whom was near the edge of the pool.

Lovino and Antonio ignored them in favor for hitting on each other in which they deemed low key but it really wasn't. They were just both idiots.

But then surprisingly Antonio broke the connection and forced a smile, "Yeah haha just surprised, but I'm gonna go change now." He said and quickly left the pool area.

Lovino had an annoyed pout on his face, "what the fuck is wrong?" He mumbled to himself and sulkily splashed around.

Matthew looked at Gilbert, "do you know why Antonio is acting so weird? I thought he would be excited to meet Lovino..."

"Me too... he was nervous on our way here."

Lovino heard them and frowned, "Oh my fuck, what if he thought I was ugly irl?!" He screeched.

Gilbert laughed, "don't worry, when he first saw you he was practically drooling." He mused.

Lovino blushed and for a split second he looked shy but then scoffed, "well duh, I'm amazing." He stated.

Matthew giggled and the clapped his hands together, "Let's go sight seeing! It'll be fun!" He suggested.

Lovino blinked before nodding, "good idea, I totally forgot to suggest that." He spoke slowly.

"You, like, stole my speech." Leon joked.

"Whatever."

Lovino got changed into an outfit similar to the one he wore when he picked them up, except the tank top was red and he had a mesh shirt underneath.

Antonio had on a nice floral button up with a pair of beach shorts to match, Gilbert wore the exact same outfit but opposite colors.

Emil wore a thin long sleeved shirt and a pair of tan shorts that reached above the knee.

Matthew wearing an oversized sun shirt and blue denim capris.

They were an odd bunch especially with each different ethnicity and wild hair colors (namely Gilbert and Emil).

"Let's go get some gelato." Lovino stated as he lead the group down the sunny streets of Rome.

They all got different flavors and we're having a grand time. Lovino forgot he was depressed for a while. He was happy.

That is... until he saw Antonio and this girl flirting.

Lovino flared and he felt jealousy and anger surge through his body as he stormed over, "Idiota, we're leaving," he said pointedly.

The girl frowned and flared back at Lovino, "excuse me, but we were talking," she hissed.

"So what? He did not come to flirt with you." Lovino snapped.

Antonio looked uncomfortable but otherwise stayed out of it.

"Oh really? Who'd he come for? Surely not you because he couldn't take his eyes off me!"

That hit hard. Lovino blinked and he swallowed back his anger, his shoulders slacking. He sighed and turned away. He didn't spare a glance to Antonio as he walked away.

He grabbed Matthew's hand as he stormed back home. Matthew just smiled faintly to Gilbert before following the other.

Emil looked to Antonio and shook his head in disappointment as he cuddled into Leon's side.

Antonio bid the girl goodbye before walking with Gilbert.

"Dude... what's your problem? You're so not being awesome..." Gilbert spoke lowly.

Antonio looked surprised, "what do you mean, amigo? I'm the same..."

"Nein. You came to see Lovino but the entire time you've been avoiding him and hurting his feelings. He's the reason we're all even here and you're not even being kind." Gilbert scolded as he walked away from Antonio too.

"Mios dio... what am I going to do..."