Loving Vargas was a special type of Italian. He had the charm of one, yes, but he also had that air of 'spiciness' around him. It actually had people question if he were Hispanic. He wasn't.

"Big Brother!" Feliciano, Lovino's little brother at the age of sixteen, chirped.

"Ugh, what the fuck do you want?" Lovino grumbled as he looked at his phone across from him.

Feliciano blinked and walked over to him, "You've been obsessed with your phone lately, what's going on?" He asked peppily.

"Nothing, just this group chat I'm part of." Lovino muttered as his eyes brightened seeing some of the texts, he actually let out a little laugh without realizing it, which caused a shock to the younger (yet taller) brother.

"I see... anyways! You should get ready for school!" Feliciano proclaimed happily.

As Lovino begrudgingly got ready, Feliciano secretly swiped his older bro's phone. He knew that it was wrong, but he desperately wanted to see what was making his brother so happy.

RANDOM NUMBER GANG

PastaLord: hey guys!

Hipster: omg it's excited

ChingChong: Hide the kids!

Tomate: Why so happy? :3

PastaLord: Actually I'm not Lovino! I'm his brother Feliciano! Or Feli :)

Tomate: o! Well hola!

Hipster: Does your brother know you have his phone?

PastaLord: Nope, just snooping because he's been extra smiley and giggly which he never is so I was making sure he wasn't doing drugs

ChingChong: I too do drugs and become happy

Hipster: those are called antidepressants

ChingChong: you get me my man

Tomate: Where is Lovi? Is he sick?

PastaLord: Nope, just at school! I'll return his phone when I see him in the halls! Ttyl!

Hipster: Well that was weird

ChingChong: No kidding. They're totally not alike.

Tomate: idk he seemed cute

Tomate: Ooh! Maybe we can add him to the group chat too??

Lovino read that message with a shocked expression. He felt his gut twist and the coldness of isolation crawling up his spine.

He was pissed when he found out about Feliciano stealing his phone, but he was heartbroken by the messages.

PastaLord: fuck you

*PastaLord left the chat*

Tomate: Lovino???

Hipster: Good going

Tomate: What did I do??

ChingChong: idek, Maybe the fact that you completely missed the fact that Lovino is suicidal mainly because of his inferiority complex with his brother. And you just called him cute and invited him to the group chat

Tomate: I'm so stupid

Pancakes: guys why is Lovino is crying to me?

Tomate: he's crying??? MIOS DIO IM SO STUPID

Hipster: Scroll up, Toni is an idiot

Pancakes: Ah, well, Toni you're dumb

Tomate: I admit my mistakes! I didn't mean to hurt his feelings!

Pancakes: Then you should talk to him. He's really upset, from what he's telling me he's in a really dark place right now and those messages didn't help him.

Hipster: He totally has a huge crush on you Toni and you called his brother cute and seemed interested in him

Tomate: he doesn't :( but I'll try to apologize

Hipster: do or do not, there is no try

Pancakes: I gtg I'm planning stuff, but please fix this. He's one of my closest friends now and I don't want him hurt.

Lovino was actually in a voice call with Matthew, something that took the Italian a lot of guts.

"I don't know what to do, I just sound like a baby, but my feelings are strong for me," Lovino spoke, his Italian accent thick.

"I'm sorry, Lovino, I really don't know what to say. I know Toni was probably just messing around, but maybe you should talk to him?" Matthew suggested kindly.

"I can't talk to him, I'll just fuck shit up, and I don't feel like confronting that ball of happiness when I'm so down..." The Italian's voice hitched, "Why would... Why would anyone happy want to be with me anyways?"

There was a soft sigh, "Maybe I can help? I'm going to be there within the next week, so I can ask him about it. I'll be your secret spy."

Lovino actually snorted at that, "Thanks... I've got to go now, ciao," he hung up the phone and stared longingly at Toni's contact.