RANDOM NUMBER GANG

Hipster: Hey guys, I know it's been a while since we last texted, just wanted to see what's up?

Eml sighed softly as he sent that text. He leaned against his wooden ikea headboard with a solemn face.

He didn't want to admit it... but the random group chat... it made him less lonely. He was homeschooled and never left the house due to his social anxiety. Friends were a luxury he didn't really have before, but ever since they first texted each other around a month ago, he felt warm.

Especially when he spoke to Leon, aka ChingChong. They seemed to argue a lot in the group chat, but everyone knew they weren't really malicious.

Leon had even surprisingly found out about his blog on Tumblr and taunted him. It didn't bother the Icelandic teen much though.

A beep popped him from his thoughts and he looked eagerly at his phone:

PM FROM CHINGCHONG

ChingChong: You doing okay?

Hipster: Why do you ask?

Emil's cheeks burned, how did he always seem to know when he was down?

ChingChong: Your aura over text is off lol

Hipster: idk, it's just, I don't have any friends. Irl or online... except I considered this chat my friend group.

I'm homeschooled so I never really had the chance to develop a strong sense of confidence, so I developed extreme social anxiety and I can't talk to anyone but my family. They wouldn't understand anyways... sorry to bug you with all this, I just needed to vent.

ChingChong: it's like totally okay, you sound like you have a lot on your plate. Tbh the group chat was one of the most fun things to happen to me. Not to brag, but I'm a popular kid at school, so I have to keep standards up for them and for my family as well. I liked know the fact none of you knew who I was.

Hipster: Thanks Leon, that means a lot. You're a good friend

I can call you that, right?

ChingChong: Sure thing

Hipster: Wow, my first friend

Haha, sad right?

ChingChong: Nah, just a new adventure

Hipster: I just got a notification from the chat!

RANDOM NUMBER GANG

Tomate: uwaaa sorry amigos! Gilbert and I had testing :(

Awesome: Did our little nerd miss us~?

Hipster: Shut up! I did not!

ChingChong: He totally did

Hipster: Be quiet!

PastaLord: Sorry about that, I've been dealing with some shit

Tomate: like?

PastaLord: idk if I can say, I don't want to ruin the mood, which is why I didn't say anything sooner

Pancakes: you can tell us, besides, who could we gossip to? Our irl buddies? Like they would listen.

ChingChong: He's right, besides, Hipster has no friends irl

Hipster: I regret telling you anything