①⑦

Lovino watched with annoyance as his nonno talked his friend group's ears off, minus Matthew, whom was sitting beside him in the fancy living room.

"I'm guessing none of them knew about your family background, eh?" Matthew asked with a nudge.

"Nope." Lovino popped the P, his eyes grew solemn, "he's so overbearing... I just wanted to hang out like normal teens..."

Romulus's voice boomed with laughter, "How are we so rich? I'm glad you asked! We are the direct heirs to Romulus himself! Hence my name! So technically we are royalty! But there's no monarchy anymore so we are just insanely rich people with royal backgrounds!" He boasted.

Lovino just groaned, "NONNO! KNOCK IT OFF!" He practically shrieked.

Romulus rolled his eyes, "You're too stiff Lovino, always complaining about your heritage."

"It's not my fucking heritage I'm complaining about! I don't want you to just talk about this like everyone experiences it!" Lovino retorted.

"Lovino! It's obvious that they're not like us, but they deserve to have their questions answered! This is why I've never had problems with Feliciano, at least he understands!"

Hurt flashed across Lovino's face and his shoulders trembled. "What the fuck? Why do you always do this you shitty old man?" He muttered to himself. He turned around and ran off through big marble doors.

Matthew sighed softly and followed him out.

Antonio and the others shared a look, Emil stood up and followed Matthew and Lovino and Leon just cleared his throat.

Lovino is from a royal family? He's rich and smart and beautiful... there's nothing I can provide for him... Antonio thought with a frown. He felt horrible that Romulus shot Lovino down, he couldn't imagine living every day like that, but he couldn't bring himself to chase after him.

Romulus shook his head and faced the three boys that remained, "anyways! My grandson is very high maintenance, he even rejects all the suitors I have come to visit." He shook his head.

"Suitors?" Antonio asked with a raised brow.

"Yep! Suitors that can match our wealth." Romulus answered, "he needs someone that can provide for him if needed."

Antonio felt a cold chill spread through his body, "Oh.., heh, do you let him choose his friends that are less rich?" He asked.

Romulus looked confused before grinning, "Of course! Even the lesser of people should enjoy the company of the higher class!" He cackled.

Leon looked annoyed but rolled his eyes in response. Gilbert and Antonio looked offended however.

Thankfully, Romulus had to leave to deal with some stupid meetings.

Emil appeared in the doorway and smiled softly, "hey guys, uhm, Lovino is in his room if you wanna come up." He spoke.

"Cool, I'll be up," Leon replied and motioned for Gilbert and Antonio to follow.

Leon wrapped an arm around Emil's waist causing the blonde to blush, "So how is he?"

"He's okay, just sulking." Emil replied, "apparently these fights happen multiple times a day... so I certainly understand why Lovino is suicidal. Being reminded everyday that you're not the favorite and reprimanded..."

Antonio frowned, "that's awful... I don't experience that because my family is so close..." he commented.

"Yeah, mein too," Gilbert agreed.

Emil nodded in agreement as well, "mine is super over protective, but I get why..."

Leon snorted, "my family is super chaotic, there's no favorites per se but they argue a lot. Though we're so tightly knit that we don't really get hurt over it. We're rich as well, but not like this." He said.

Emil gasped, "so that's how you could afford to randomly show up at my house!?"

"No, that was my brother's husband's doing." Leon smirked, "would you like the thought of me doing that though?"

Emil blushed, "shut up!"

Gilbert chuckled and looked to Antonio, "you okay?" He asked.

"Si... I'm fine, just thinking." Antonio forced a smile on his face but his heart hurt once he saw the look on Lovino's face.

Lovino has mascara streaks dried on his tanned cheeks. His eyes were furious though and he was busy kicking his beanbag chair.

He looked up and quickly looked away seeing Antonio, "this is super shitty... sorry for inviting you over when on the first fucking day you're here he has to start shit with me." His voice wavered.

"Nah, it's cool." Leon grinned, his arm still around Emil's waist.

Matthew smiled and rubbed Lovino's head, "you're fine, plus, I already expected this."

Antonio felt super jealous all of a sudden, but felt he had no right to. "They're right, Lovino, we're your friends." He assured.

Lovino looked mildly surprised, why didn't you call me Lovi...? "Ah... I guess... thanks..." he laughed slightly which sent Antonio's heart flying and the others to smile, "Well... let me show you to your rooms. The two couples will obviously be fucking sharing."

Emil and Matthew both blushed when Leon and Gilbert high fived.

The group followed Lovino out into the hall and motioned towards the three bedrooms that were just down the hall. The rooms were quite spacious, but not as big as Lovino's.

"Well, I'm sure you're all tired as fuck, so you might as well get some sleep." Lovino suggested as he started to leave. He was expecting Antonio to make a flirty comment like normal, but Antonio just smiled and said goodnight before shutting the door, leaving Lovino with a shocked expression.