Birth of my new baby sister Rachel

Start from the beginning

"Then he had to come and help me." Samantha finished.  "He has a name Samantha." Barbara said.  "Sorry Jim." Samantha said.  "It's alright.  Maybe you might want to call me Daddy Jim?" He asked her.  "I'll think about it." Samantha said.  Thinking to herself, not a chance in hell.  Rachel stired.  Barbara and Jim both looked across at her.  Samantha sat watching them.  Her legs started to swing again.  "Mummy Jim Daddy took me to the pancake parlor for breakfast." Samantha said.  Barbara looked across at Samantha with a huge smile.  "I bet you enjoyed that." Barbara said.  She turned back to the baby.  "Look she has your eyes." Barbara said to Jim.  "Do you think so?" Jim asked wanting to believe her.  "Yes." Barbara said with a smile.  

"Mummy can I have a baby too?" Samantha asked.  Maybe id she had a baby they would love her again.  They has spent so much time with Rachel, it seemed they did not have time for her now.  Not that she didn't love Rachel.  Even if she was part of him.  Samantha was still trying to work that one out.  "Well we can take you shopping on the way home.  You can pick a baby doll you would like." Barbara said smileing at her.  "Do you think it is wise to take Rachel to the shops?" Jim asked.  "What is she going to run up a credit card bill?" Barbara asked him with a laugh.  "I was just thinking.  What if she needs to be fed, or worse a nappy change?" Jim asked panic set in on his face.  "Then I will change her, or feed her." Barbara said with a laugh.  "Yes Mummy is good with those things.  She has already done them with me." Samantha said with a smile.  "Yes but ..." Jim let his words fall.  He knew that there was no way he was going to win this one.  Unless.  "Hello Miss Kean.  I think it is time you and Baby Gordon went home.  What do you say?" Dr Smith said to Barbara.  "My sister's name is Rachael Kean.  Like me and Mummy." Samantha said.  "Oh well you and baby Rachel should be going home today.  I have signed the discharge papers.  We want to see you in two weeks.  Down stirs in clinic.  Just to check on you and Rachel.  Any Questions?" Dr Smith asked.  He hopped there were no none.  "Yes Dr I have one.  Is it safe to take Rachel out to the shops today?" Jim asked.  Please say no he thought.  "No.  I think Rachel will be fine.  As long as Mum is up to it." Dr Smith said.  Samantha glared over at Jim.  She got off the chair.  She went to stand beside the baby.  She placed her hand over her Mothers and smiled at him.  The doctor sensing the tension left the room as fast as he could.  

Later at the shopping center.  Barbara had to go and change Rachel.  She looked so cute in her little pink fluffy jacket.  Samantha could not stop looking at her.  "When can she come out of the pram and play?" Samantha asked.  "Not for a while yet baby." Barbara said smileing at her.  "Oh."Samantha replied.  Barbara could see she was sad.  "Come with Mummy" Barbara said to the now down little girl.  Barbara knew what would help.  Well she hoped it would help. Outside at the table, where they had had lunch.  Jim sat waiting with baited breath for his girls.  "Jim I have to go and feed Rachel.  Will you take Samantha into the shop to buy her baby Please?" Barbara asked.  Her blue eyes shinning at him.  His smile turned to a frown.  As did Samantha's face.  Alarm bells rang.  Jim wanted the ground to swallow him up.  Samantha's shocked look turned to  a huge grin.  Jim gulped his eyes flew back to Barbara.  "OK." He Replied trying not to scream NO!  Samantha smiled at him.  Now he was going to pay some more Samantha thought.  

As Samantha walked up and down the isle, for her new baby.  There were other girls there looking too.  They stopped and stepped back when they seen Samantha with Jim.  By now Jim had made a choice, of forced Samantha into pointing to one.  He had walked off with the store person to see if this doll was for his Samantha or not.  "Did your Mummy just have a baby too?" Samantha asked while Jim's back was turned.  "Yeah.  I think she is a girl." The little blonde girl said.  The girl with her pulled at her cloths.  "You think.  Did your Mum not let you see your baby?" Samantha asked.  "No my Mum's a bitch." The little blonde girl said.  "My Mum's not a bitch, but.  She dose want to marry him.  They just had a baby girl.  My baby sister is called Rachel Gordon." Samantha said.  "My I think is called Harleen." The young girl said smileing at er new friend.  "I am Samantha.  Nice to meet you." Samantha said holding out her hand.  "Jade Quinzel.  That over there is Sena. Well got to go.  Maybe see you around." Jade said as she skipped off.  By now Jim had finished talking with the store person about the doll Samantha had picked.  "Well this dolly is very good dolly." Jim said.  He held her for Samantha to take a look.  "I want that one.  She is in a pink fluffy suit just like Rachel." Samantha said smileing at Jim.  "All good.  Now lets go and pay." Jim said his eyes scanning the area for the two little girls Samantha had been talking to.  He never did find them again.  He shrugged paid for the doll and they took her home with them. Samantha called her baby Cindy.  After her grandma.  

As the days went by the house settled.  Every time Rachel cried, Samantha was there.  As was Jim when he was home.  But Cindy and Rachel did everything together.  So when it was bath time for Rachel.  Cindy had a bath too.  In the same water.  "Now don't let her head go under the water." Barbara said to the girl.  "No Mummy.  I an trying to hold her like you did with Rachel.  How is this?" Samantha asked.  "Looks pretty good to me." Barbara said as she powdered and dressed Rachel.  Once that was done.  Mrs Jones who was here all the time for now.  Went to take Baby Rachel to her cot.  Barbara stayed with Samantha.  "Now remember to take the leg off to let the water out." Barbara said.  "Why do I have to drain Cindy every time she has a bath?" Samantha asked.  "Well you don't want her to get moldy inside do you.  Then we would have to throw her away." Barbara said.  "I guess.  But why don't you have to take Rachel's leg off after her bath.  Will she not go moldy inside.  She eats so much of that milk you make her?" Samantha asked.  Barbara laughed.  "Come here ya goose." She said hugging the girl.  Later in the lounge while waiting for himself to come home.  Samantha like to pretend she was one of the characters that her Mother liked to watch on the television.  One of the shows that was on the lady spoke like that.  Samantha though it was funny.  

While they waited, Barbara fed Baby Rachel.  So so did Samantha.  With a fake bottle.  "Oh my what a lovely sight, to come home to.  My girls feeding their babies." Jim said as he entered the apartment.  "I am not your girl." Samantha said getting up and leaving him with Mummy.  "Sorry.  She will come around." Barbara said smileing at him.  "I'm sure she will."  Jim said with not a thought of Samantha in his mind.   His focus was on the woman in front of him and the baby.  Samantha stood in the hall with her baby.  She dropped Cindy and walked to her room with tears rolling down her face.  She smiled as she got to her room.  The smile on her face could not have gotten wider or happier.  At the window sat the girl from the toy shop.  'What are you doing out there?" Samantha asked as she opened her french doors.  "Waiting for you.  Where is you Baby?" Jade asked.  "Wait I will get her." Samantha said darting out of the room.  "See I told ya she had one too." Jade said.  "Did you give Jade the money to by the doll?" Selina asked.  "No we didn't have enough time.  I would have you know." Samantha said.  "I know ya would.  I told you I got it from her cop friend." Jade said handing Samantha Jim's wallet.  Samantha giggled.  "So that is why he had to put it on Mummy's credit with the store." Samantha smiled and giggled again.  "That was a dangerous thing to do Jade.  Don't do it again." Selina said.  Samantha smiled.  "Do you want some milk and cookies?" Samantha asked.  "No ya cop friend will find us.  We just came to say hi.  See ya around." Jade said waving to Samantha.  "Well then see you around.  By the way did your Mum have a girl?" Samantha asked.  "Yeah Harleen Francis Pepper." Jade said as she disappeared down the stairs.  "Wow, I will have to watch out for them around school when I go next week." Samantha said with a smile...............................................