Chapter 23: End of an Era

Chapter 23: End of An Era

Phil's P.O.V:

Dan still has said nothing to us. He was still looking upset and confused about his decision if he should jump. He looked at the card one last time and looked back down. Adrian started to cry and Liana started to cling onto me as she became scared. Dan looked at us for one last time and I was scared on what he was about to do.

"Tell me something Phil..." said Dan. "Do you love me?"

"What?" asked Ellie. "Phil, what is Daniel talking about?".

"I practically told almost everyone that I love you, even you but you never answered back" said Dan. "So, Do you love me or not?".

"Phil, you're not going to say yes to that lunatic are you?" asked Ellie.

"Shut up!" yelled Adrian as he attacks Ellie. The police had to separate the two just so no harm can be done.

"I..." I said. "Don't know".

I looked down in guilt as I had no idea how to respond to that. I can't answer to that question! It will just cause trouble between Ellie and Dan. They practically hate each other already but don't want to admit it. But Dan already did by his anger. He smiled and I can tell he was going to jump. So I ran and hugged him and pulled him down just so he would get off the ledge. The police helped me on this and when Dan was on the centre, the police guarded the ledge just so he wouldn't do it again.

Dan's P.O.V:

My legs were on the ground as Phil walks back. The police got me surrounded and there is no point on doing it again. This the moment when I finally gave up. They want me to stay? Fine I'll stay! But there will be a price for me staying in this lonely world. I stood up and I walked on to the exit. I went to Phil and placed something onto his hand as I won't be needing it anymore. It was the ring case where the Lion ring is in. There is no point in trying anymore.

I walked down to my apartment and locked the door. I don't want to talk to anyone for the moment. I then got an email notification and saw it was from the University of London. They are going allow me to go back to university if I pass the entrance exams. I decided to go back to university and most of them won't allow me to go back. I was scared that I had nothing to fallback to since London was the last university that I'm waiting for a response. I can finally start over. Go back where it all began, go back where all of this started. Sure, it's not the exact location but moving away will be such a hassle for me to do.

I got out my old law textbooks and placed them on my desk. I looked at my bedroom and saw the image when Phil and I had our night. I have to start studying on January as I want my December to be the end of my youth. The Internet Hobo year ends here. It will be the final year for me to be a child. Phil told me to grow up, I will. Then saw the piano near the door of my bedroom. I played the keys that sound like This is Gospel by Panic! At the Disco. Seems like a good song to try playing right now. I then banged my head on the piano in disappointment but I just lost all happiness in my life.

There is no turning back...

Phil's P.O.V:

We tried to gain contact with Dan but he's not answering the door and he's not answering his phone. Good thing though he's still alive but his he still happy? We then got a new Twitter notification from Dan. He tweeted "By the end of this year, I will go back where it all began". All of us had no idea what's going on but he replied to one of his fans. He's going back to university but he won't say where.

I guess that's what happens when you realise there is no quick other answer, you go back and start over. But Dan hated university. Is he going to end his YouTube career just for school? By looking at his tweets, he is. Me and Ellie decided to go home as Adrian will stay with Liana. Since its December, Adrian had no school anymore and his parents allowed him to stay.