Chapter 2: Undisclosed Desires

Phil's P.O.V:

"What am I supposed to say Philip!? That I'm fine!? That my only best friend in the world is moving on and I'm still here, rotting myself as each single second passes by in my miserable life!?".

This is the first time Dan was ever like this. The last time this happened was when he was still in University. Now, he's having a mental breakdown... because of my success.

I tried to give him a pack of Malteasers but he just declined them threw them to the ground of his bedroom floor.

This is not the Dan I used to know. This is way deeper than his existential crisis. This is Dan with an empty soul. The guy who lost all hope.

Dan went on his bed and just lied down there. I tried to walk closer but he told me to stay away. I didn't listen and just kept getting closer till I'm sitting right beside him on his bed.

I gave a pat to the depressed boy. Then I ran my fingers through his brown hair. I started to see a small smile to the boy and as I leaned forward to give him a kiss on the forehead, he turned around and we ended up kissing on the lips.

Both of our eyes were wide open in shock as this is the second time our lips have locked but this time, I just felt like getting closer to Dan.

We were then making out for 10 whole minutes without stopping and I was now confused... WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?! I'm married already and here I am making out with my best friend!

Dan's P.O.V:

Me and Phil kissed for the second time and I kinda enjoyed it. My hands we running through his cheeks and neither of us were guilty about it.

After 10 minutes of this, Phil and I were in shock. We became confused on what happened.

"Let's forget?" I asked.

"Definitely" said Phil.

More awkward silence came in. The situation was way worse.

"Goodnight Dan" said Phil.

"Bye Phil" I said as I returned to my computer, working on the video as Undisclosed Desires was being played.

As I worked, I started to reflect on what happened, asking myself... what the heck did we just do?!

One hour later, Phil went back in and without hesitation, I ran and we continued making out on my bed.

September 21 2014, 9am

I woke and I was on my computer. It turns out... Everything was a dream. Well, the second kiss was real but everything else, it was just an illusion in my mind.

I know as I can see some drool marks on the desk. I whipped it off and and saw I slept while I was workings.

The question is though, why did I have that weird dream? Did I have a desire for my best friend?

I left my bedroom and saw Phil with Ellie in the lounge.

"Morning" I said.

"Morning Daniel" said Ellie.

I walked to the kitchen to make some cereal and I saw a box of Corn Flakes. It's a new box. There, it has a note.

Sorry, I ate the last box... So I bought a new one... well, I asked Ellie to deliver it.

- Phil

I saw and it wasn't tampered with. It was a new box. This is new. Something ain't right here.

I looked at the hallway and there were no scattered socks. It's all clean. After eating... I was going to put my bowl on the sink and it seems that Phil ain't going near me as usual.

As I finished taking a shower and changing, Phil knocked on my bedroom door.

"Dan, you have a moment?" he asked.

"Sure... I guess" I said.

I left my bedroom and I walked towards the lounge. Phil was behind me and it felt like the Phil from the Chair Fic. I arrived and Phil and Ellie told me to sit on the other couch.

The TV was off so this sounded serious.

"What's up?" I asked.

Ellie and Phil looked at each other like they were telling me something bad is about to happen. The vibe was dark and intense as it like someone died.

"Dan, we need to talk" said Phil.