“Legal.”

Camila saw the woman coming toward her and she jumped back, immediately slamming against the counter. It was impossible for someone to come at that time, the woman could do whatever she wanted and no one would ever find out; She jumped when she felt a hand on her face and saw the woman studying her carefully.

Camila was lost in her eyes.

“Perfect.” the woman said grabbing her chin and turned her face from side to side.

“I'll give you ten seconds to take your hands off me or I'll call the police. What the hell do you want from me?”

“I want you to marry me tonight. We go to Las Vegas, get married and I bring you back for the next round.”

Camila's eyes widened. “You're crazy!”

“I'm desperate.” she said.

“Who's not?" Camila asked, moving away from her touch and taking a few steps away from the counter. “Why me?”

Camila wondered; what was a woman like her doing in a place like this: It was certainly not a place for a rich person. Red vinyl seats, beige tables with cigarette burns on top, old Christmas decorations left on their own, the smell of food everywhere.

“I'll be fast.” she continued. “Mine is a business proposal, the situation is this; my father and his brother owned a company, my father died ten years ago and left everything to my uncle Eddie with one condition when he was no longer able to work, half would become mine.” she explained quickly. “I worked like crazy over the years, instead my cousin Lance, Eddie's son, he did nothing, nothing but travelling around Europe. Fifty percent of this company is mine, I worked for it. Now Eddie wants to retire but he has decided that I have to marry someone and Lance as well otherwise he will sell his part of the company to someone else.”

Camila was more and more confused then ever. “Really?” she asked, moreso to fill the silence than to show interest.

Why would someone force another person to unwillingly marry?

“Unfortunately, yes. Not only that but the first one to marry will take majority of the company.”

“What's the problem? A beautiful and rich woman like you must have millions of women and I presume, men to choose from.”

“I asked a girl, but she decided to say yes to my cousin instead.”

Camila raised an eyebrow. “Well... but surely there must be some-”

“They will get married in San Francisco tomorrow, I need to do it before.” she interrupted. “I can assure you that our marriage will bring benefits to both. What I want in return is only a marriage contract, I don't want a real wife, I only need one on paper. Immediately. Tonight.”

The woman stepped forward and Camila made one step back. She looked into her eyes and then she read her name, with calm and controlled voice.

“Marry me, Lizzy. I'll give you money each month for your entire life. Hell, I can even buy this place if that's what you want.”

Lizzy wasn't her name, it was simply the name of the girl who had worked there before her, she had decided not to change it.

“I don't want this crappy diner.” she said.

God, just looking into those eyes gave her butterflies in her stomach.

“Having this company is everything to me, I imagine that you've longed for something.” she said staring at her. “Do this for me Lizzy and if one day you want something with all your heart, I will give it to you, you have my word.”

“Anything?”

“Yes.”

Camila took a moment to think. She was curious, this woman; whoever she was, was incredibly charming, strong, powerful, rich, and she needed her.

Nobody in the world had ever needed her.

“How do I know you're telling the truth?”

The woman pulled a leather wallet and a cell phone out of her pocket. “This is my lawyer's number: call her and ask who I am and ask her about my uncle's ultimatum.”

Camila took the business card. It was madness, but in the end what else did she have to lose?

“What's your name?” Camila asked, writing down the number.

“Y/F/N.”

The lawyer replied immediately and she didn't seem happy to be woken up in the middle of the night but she said that Y/N Y/L/N was telling the truth. The woman asked to speak to Miss Y/L/N and Camila gave her the phone, grabbing a chair, she sat down for a moment trying to slow down the beating of her heart.

She was about to do something crazy; something crazy that would give her great advantages, especially with the situation she was in right now. But she didn't know this woman at all...

“Of course I'm serious.” Y/N said, looking at Camila. “In a diner in D.C ... why not? I'll send you a copy of the license and I'll be sure to bring the original later.” There was a brief pause. “No, no honeymoon, I will tell her to call you to make arrangements”

There was silence for a few seconds, the lawyer seemed to be quite agitated and Camila could hear her voice even at distance. She saw Y/N roll her eyes and then signed at her with her hand to get up.

“When you receive the copy call my Uncle. See you at nine, you can hand deliver the license if you insist.” She ended the call and put the phone in her pocket.

“I can't come like thi-”

“Get your coat.” Y/N said throwing a few dollars on the counter.

“I don't have a coat."

Y/N raised an eyebrow. “You have no coat?”

“Hell, is there an echo in here?" Camila asked amusingly.

Funny, after all, there was absolutely nothing.

She could barely pay her rent and a bit of food, she couldn't even afford the luxury of buying a coat after she ran away from home, she only brought a few personal belongings.

Y/N looked at her for a long moment, then took off her coat. “Put this on.” she said.

“You're really good at convincing a woman.”

Camila smiled. “Let's go.”

At 9:45 Y/N put the marriage license in the hands of her lawyer.

At 9:46 she ran away and didn't look back at Camila again.

Y/N hadn't even kissed the bride.