Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Zoya cups his face in her palms and leans forward so their foreheads are touching as she opens her mouth to ask the question which had been an obstacle in her way to her Love.

Aditya nuzzles his nose in her cheeks making her smile as she locks her arms around his neck "Aditya"

He hums enjoying having her in his arms , "Do you like---anyone"

His smiles blooms against her cheeks , She turns her face so that they are faces are inches apart , her heart racing hoping against hope that he would tell what she longs to hear .

"I Do" He answers with utmost sincerity cupping her cheeks in his palm .

"Who—" Zoya is interrupted when his phone rings . Aditya's face falls as he leaves her to attend the call . Zoya catches a glimpse of the caller ID , Her face falls as she turns around giving her back to him .

"Hello Pooh –" Aditya hearing her panicking voice asks her calmly what happened . Aditya sighs "I'll be there"

"Zoya" Adi holds her forearm turning her around , "I—need—to-go" He tells regretfully . Zoya nods passing him a small smile .

"Let me drop you " Aditya offers

"no—I'll take public transport"

"But—"

"You'll be late Adi—She needs you" Zoya whispers a sad smile playing on her lips . Zoya gasps feeling him taking her in a hug .

"I am sorry" He whispers kissing her temple "Be safe and drop me a message once you are home". Zoya nods like a good girl as He places a soft kiss on her cheek .

Zoya's eyes fills as she sees his retreating figure . She sniffs rubbing her tears off as she walks behind him to get her clutch .

***

Aditya pulls over at Pooja's place to see her crying outside her house . Aditya walks up to her and kneels in front of her , She looks up with her tear stricken face .

"Papa is taken by the prosecutors (police) Adi" She sniffs "and My house is repossessed !"

Before Aditya could stretch his hands Pooja hugs him tightly crying onto his shoulders . Aditya lets out a breathe with a conflicted look as he hugs her back in a comforting way.

***

Yash frowns looking at his phone as he mutters "I would have answered if she called for the third time !",

He turns his eyes back to the pool table as he hits a solid ball. He ends up dropping his cue in hand as the phone rings , he answers hurriedly "An—"

"Yash—I am Sham here"

Yash lets out a sigh "hey Shaam"

"Yash Have you heard off the news?"

"What news?"

"Pooja's family went bankrupt –apparently her father had involved in serious gambling and stuff "

Yash looks upset "ohhk—I'll catch you later bye"

Yash dials Pooja's number continuously but her phone is switched off .

***

Yash rushes to the Mansion he collides with Zoya who was coming just coming home .

"What's the hurry?" Zoya yells at him already mood out .

"Zoya not now please" Yash replies back equally upset