Chapter 40

Long update enjoy No proof so if you come across any errors let me know

Chapter 40

Yash feels heaviness in his heart as he looks longing in pain- his eyes held unshed tears at Pooja who was now looking at Aditya with hopeful eyes . Without a word , Yash takes few steps back as he walks faster to his room . Pooja jerks hearing the door slamming shut .

Aditya breaks his eye-lock from Zoya giving his attention back to Pooja . Pooja takes a deep breath as she wipes her now dried tears. She takes Adi's palm in hers holding it firmly raising it up.

Zoya's eyes pools up in tears seeing their hands merged together . Still a little hope in him , them, makes Zoya look at him hopefully -- .

"I know it is too sudden –but Aditya I want to give Us a Chance" Pooja says softly leaving his hands "You do not need to say anything right now –think !—good night!" She gives him a brief hug before walking away .

Aditya turns around looking at Zoya who was looking at him – hurt . She limps towards him with her crutch . Putting up a small smile on her lips which doesn't reach her eyes she stands front of him. Aditya gazes at her with no emotions searching for hers .

"I—came –to—give –this –back" She tells softly word by word showing his watch .

Aditya takes it from her hand . His fingers brushes hers . Her fingers wanting to hold his . while he waited for her to showcase her feelings . Their fingers leave as Aditya ties the watch around his arm.

"You must be happy right?" She asks softly swallowing the lump which was forming "that she is accepted your love?" Her words falls at the end as She hugs him unable to contain to herself locking her arms around his neck .

"I—am—happy –for –you" She whispers in his ears .

Aditya who was frozen with his senses clouded gets back to world as he wraps his arms around her waist hugging her tighter while burying his face on her nape .

Zoya's feels the tears threatening to fall on his gentle hold she pulls away quickly not meeting his eyes mutters a quick 'good night' and limps away as fast as she can .

Aditya looks at her retreating figure , seeing her crutch going here and there , Aditya walks closely behind her to hold her if she falls . Aditya stops at a few distance hiding behind the pillar as Zoya turns around sensing someone's gaze before walking into her room.

Aditya walks into his room . His eyes capturing the pain in her eyes .Does She have feelings for me? – He shoves away his thoughts seeing the love triangles to quadrilaterals they are placed upon . He decides to have a shower to clear his head .

***

Zoya closes the door but unable to stop her tears slides down on the floor – She cups her mouth to muffle her sobs but it increases at each passing minutes . Zoya hears her phone ringing . Rushing towards the phone which was in her bed she sees the caller ID 'Priya'

"Priya—He –" Zoya cries over the phone

"Zoya—are you okay baby?" Priya asks worriedly

"Priya –Adi—Pooja" Her words struck in her throat

"Sshh-calm down baby –take deep breaths" Priya says in a soothing voice

Zoya takes a deep breath "Pooja proposed Aditya!" She says in one breath as another stream of tears makes its way down her cheeks .

"Whattt??" Priya shrieks from the other end making Zoya pull her phone away from her ear .

"Priya" Zoya calls her softly wiping away her tears .