EPILOGUE

Elijah had left Mystic Falls once again, this time, with no trails of being there in the first place

He was not there for some 'mission' he was just there to visit a long-time friend, and that was all, which of course raised suspicion on those he had left with a traumatic experience.

Melrose had taken Elijah's words and followed his advice on taking it slow and steady.

And as usual, he was right, there was no rush, if Damon truly wanted for the two to reconcile, and start over, he could wait for a little while longer.

When she had approached him, Damon was sure, she was going to bring some news about her leaving or of some sort, but that was not at all the case. She had told him, that she wants to try and start over, but not any time soon, so the two, remained friends.

The one great outcome of the waiting, was Damarion and Damon had gotten very close, that it came to everyone's shock, when he started to call him 'Dad'.

Though, it took two years, it was the best thing to happen to the father, officially soaking in, that he was a father, he had a son, despite being a vampire-despite being robbed of the chance because of the immortality, but with luck, he had been able to bare a child of his own.

When Melrose, had said she needed time, time was exactly had happened.

Damon and Melrose, had waited for 10 entire years, to officially, be together, for humans that was far much longer than needed, but for Vampires, that was nothing.

After they had finally gotten together, marriage was not in the picture, until another set of years, leading to Melrose and Damarion officially being becoming a Salvatore.

The many years, came to the two, to reunite, and get together, to be one family, was a long journey, but it was exactly what they needed, time was theirs, and always will be.

Sure, living forever seems tiring, but for the family of three, it was just the beginning for there time together. Since all those hundreds of years apart, was in need of being made up, so that's exactly what will happen, they were sure of it.

Damon was at home, having moved in with Melrose and his son, at the Fisher's acres, was enjoying his morning in the kitchen with his beloved wife who was humming along to her usual fifties music, and the pair ended up dancing together.

The song, in choice being Dream Lover by Bobby Darin.

"You know, I was always was curious, why the fifties?" Damon asked as he swayed with his wife as she smiled up at him

"Oh, you have to be kidding me, the fifties is where dancing was born"

He spun his wife around chuckling," It'd say that was more of the twenties" He replied amused

She scoffed," No way, the fifties"

"I believe it was the Roaring Twenties, darling" He teased as they swayed along to the song coming to the end

"Yes, but the fifties were where a lot of changed happened, but let's not talk about that my dear"

"I love you so much Melrose Salvatore" Damon leaned forward kissing her

She hummed," I love you as well, Damon Salvatore"

The pair saying each other's names rolled off there tongues very smoothly; one word perfect

"Always and Forever," They both said in sync as they leaned in for another loving kiss.