CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Melrose shot up in her bed, remembering her past, as a ripper, why it was resurfacing, was unknown

She got out of her bed walking to the living room, to her son who was reading a book, and she walked over kissing his cheek before heading to the bar grabbing a glass of bourbon.

"Kind of early for drinking, Mum" Damarion turned up from his book furrowing his brows.

"Just having a rough start" Melrose replied taking a sip from her glass leaning on the table

"Is it because he came here the other night?" Melrose froze as his son put his book down. She went silent, trying to think, was Damon coming over, really the reason?

If so, why? There was nothing in the conversation that was even remotely close to the reason for her horrible memories of being a ripper to resurface.

"Mum, do you still love him?" Damarion questioned and Melrose flinched and looked down

"I'm not sure, if that's really a question I can answer, the truth is, I loved who he was when we where humans, the Damon I know now, is someone entirely different, its been so many years, and he loves someone else"

"You are just like Elijah sometimes" Damarion leaned back on the couch raising his hands," Noble and all, I mean, if you fancy a person, do something about it"

"Are you actually lecturing me right now?" Melrose raised her eyebrow and her son chuckled

"Yes Mum, I am-Mystic Falls just might be where we find what we been seeking for"

"As long as Niklaus is at large, we can never truly find our happiness," Melrose said walking over and sitting down next to her son as he laid his head on her lap

"I don't fancy Niklaus for taking me away from you, but why can't I hate him, Mum?"

"Sweetheart, I ask myself that question many times as well. I think deep down all that ego and pride, is someone who just wants to be loved for who he is, but he feeds on fear to make himself stronger"

She paused for a moment being careful with her next words," I guess living for so long, can do that to someone"

"Well, what about Elijah? He's just so Noble and pleasant" Damarion furrowed his brows

Melrose chuckled," Well, Elijah is one of a kind" Damarion went silent for a while then burst out laughing and Melrose joined him.

The mother and son duo, since becoming immortals, for the first time ever, might just finally have found their happiness, in the small little town of Mystic Falls.

The only issue for Melrose had been facing lately was her constant night terrors, that had been going on for weeks, and her son noticed, he heard her screams and how she drinks to try to make herself numb.

He tried to speak to her, but he knew his Mother was not one to talk about her own problems, she held everything in, which scared the young Fisher.

Damarion did not think, he'd end up at one certain place, that might be where he can get help from, as he walked along the property, he couldn't call Elijah to come, since he was busy with his family in New Orleans.

Also, calling him just because his mother had night terrors would be even a little too much for the Original, he couldn't just drop what he was doing for mere night terrors.

Damarion stood in front of the door knocking but grumbling to himself after a little waiting, the door opened, revealing his least favourite person running right after Niklaus, his father Damon Salvatore.