CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Damon was speechless, as he looked at his son Damarion standing at his doorstep, that he nearly dropped his glass or bourbon

His son looked at his hand, as he furrowed his brow, thinking about how his Mother has been drowning herself with the same alcohol beverage as his father.

He was starting to think both his parents had drinking problems and it's a mystery why he gets drunk easily, even if it's not that common for Vampires.

"I'd like to talk," Damarion said as Damon snapped out of his daze

"Um, Stefan is out right now" His son gave him a long pause looking at him not sure if his idea of asking his father for help was the right choice anymore.

"No, I want to speak to you not Uncle Stefan" Damon couldn't help but be jealous that his own brother, got the formal title, and he was just 'Damon' to his own son, but then again, he knew he wasn't the most favourite person to his own son.

"S-Sure, come on in" Damon stuttered which made him curse in his head, he was embarrassing himself.

Damon walked to the living room with his son in tow, and watched him carefully, as he sat on the sofa.

"Honestly, I don't know why I thought of you after Elijah, but you're probably the only one I could talk to-it's about Mum"

Damon set down his glass worried," Did something happen to her?"

Damarion was a little taken back at the reaction his father had but he chose to ignore it for the time being and cleared his throat," She's fine, she's not hurt" Damarion looked at his father let out a breath of relief and he was puzzled.

Did his father have some feelings still lingering for his Mother?

"Mum, doesn't like to talk about her feelings, she always holds them and has always done, but something tells me, that she never used to do it before. You see, she always tries her best for me, but lately, she has been having night terrors"

Damon furrowed his brows as he crossed his arms, he wasn't going to just cut in, thinking that it was nothing, Damarion even if he had hardly spent time with him alone, he knew he was an observant person.

"Night terrors? How long has it been going on?" Damon asked as he watched his son raise an eyebrow, shocked that he didn't just pass the manner lightly, he was actually listening, and considering the actual detail, and not just the surface.

"Yes, its been going on since-well...I'll be frank, the night of the party, when you spoke to her" Damon felt his chest tighten, because since that day, his dreams and mind have been all about the past he had with Melrose, every single one of them have been replaying in his head, that he often finds himself wanting to sleep and daydream to see them over and over.

"I'm not blaming you for it, because what kind of logic would that be" Damarion added as Damon shook his head

"Why did you come to me? I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't have, but I would expect Stefan would have been a better option"

Damarion sighed and looked at him," Because, you're my father" Damon dropped his arms that were crossed.