CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Damon looked at Melrose, the woman, he had wanted to spend his life with when he was a human

Both had plans of engagement, but because of the cruel reality they lived in, they had been led astray, and his actions, of loving another woman, whom, never returned the affection, and falling in love with her doppelganger, Elena.

However, he had something for Melrose, it was there, she was the first for everything, his First Love, the only woman he loved that returned his feelings back, and he failed to trust her, he failed her.

"You should go join the party out there, I think I'm going to take a rest" Melrose stood up from her chair crossing her arms," I assume, that our chat is done?"

"So that's it? We just forget it all?" Damon appeared in front of her as he put his hands on her cheeks as she looked into his eyes closing her eyes removing his hands

"You love another, Damon and I absolutely want nothing to be a part it. I am not going to get strung along, and end up experiencing the pain I went through. Do you know how it feels when the person who you thought was your entire world, decided to crush it in there hands, and let it crumble in front of them?"

Damon looked at her not answering, he was not sure if he ever felt it, he did feel heartbreak, but the feeling of losing the one who was like your world-

Melrose was running laughing as Damon chased her, the young couple, who had been together since young teenagers, both truly, madly and deeply in love with each other.

Damon caught Melrose as she squealed as they both fell to the ground as he looked down to his beloved," I told you, Rosie, you can't outrun me" He teased putting his hand on her cheek as she pouted.

"Simply unfair my love" Melrose chuckled leaning into his hand and reaching up to his as he kissed her hand lovingly

"My world, my everything," He said as she smiled at him.

"My world, my everything" She repeated as he leaned forward gently connecting their lips.

His world, she was his world, and he wanted to be with her forever, until death.

When Melrose walked away, as he remembered that moment, his world, his everything, the woman, he had loved so deeply, who he would have died for, the woman that gave him her undying love.

He had just crushed it because he believed in the lies, his father spoke to him.

Melrose trusted him when his father told her lies, but he couldn't even trust her.

Damon, who loved Katherine, who never loved him, he had given her his whole being, continued to search for her, and he had transferred those feelings to Elena, her doppelganger.

Did Damon even know what love was anymore?

"I love you to the ends of the earth Damon Salvatore" Melrose caressed Damon's cheek as they laid in bed.

"I love you and will only ever love you, my world, my everything, always" He looked into her eyes as she smiled affectionately to him.

Damon had a tear run down his face as the memories started to flood in.

What had he done to Melrose?